Patti Stanger Explains Gay Slur With More Anti-Gay Comments on 'Joy Behar Show'
Patti Stanger does not change her point of view despite being slammed for making anti-gay remark on "Watch What Happens Live". In a pre-taped segment for "The Joy Behar Show", the Bravo star tries to defend her statement but ends up making more comments that criticize homosexual guys.
Claiming that she referred to gay men in Los Angeles with her previous statement because her show "Millionaire Matchmaker" is shot there, Stanger tells host Joy Behar, "Whether you're straight or gay, that's a player town... I said the gays in Los Angeles." She then supports her opinion by recalling what her friend, designer Marc Bouwer, told her, " 'Patti, this is what it's like around the country. This is the gay community!' "
"This is not the lesbian. They get involved, move in together. They're quiet, they're at peace," she goes on explaining. But she may make it worse by saying, "But the gay man, they whip it out at eye lock! They get involved, and then find out later whether or not they want a serious relationship. And I hope they use the privilege in New York for gay marriage because they have it. A lot of gays aren't getting married!"
Behar then tries to explain to Stanger that she was in the wrong by making a statement that generalizes all people in a community. "I apologize if GLAAD was offended," the 50-year-old television producer replies. "I've been the first person for gay marriage, in the box, to put it on the map on television where every network fought me."
On Sunday, September 25, Stanger caused a stir when saying that gay men can't be monogamous. "In the gay world, it will always be open. ... There is no curbing the gay man," she told host Andy Cohen on his show "WWLH". Bravo has since issued an apology for her comment, saying in a statement, "[Stanger's] comments are not representative of the network's beliefs and opinions. We apologize for the offense it caused."
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory