Randy Travis Resting at Home After Collapsing at Benefit Concert
Country singer Randy Travis is taking doctors' advice to rest. The "Whisper My Name" hitmaker surprised audience at the Crystal Heart Gala, an annual benefit for the Huguley Memorial Medical Center in Fort Worth, Texas last Sunday (September 25) night, when he passed out in the middle of his "Three Wooden Crosses" performance.
"Mr. Travis had been struggling with laryngitis that resulted from chronic allergies and had taken multiple over-the-counter allergy medicines," explained Drs. Jeff Beeson and Steve Davis in a statement to E! News. "During the performance, Mr. Travis was overcome by a combination of dehydration, over-the-counter allergy medications, and caffeine use."
"This, combined with the heat of the stage lights, caused him to pass out," they continued. "Mr. Travis was immediately provided medical care and after regaining consciousness, walked off the stage on his own power. He was evaluated by us in his tour bus. Mr. Travis' vital signs were all stable. Mr. Travis went home to recover. Today he is taking our advice and resting."
On Sunday night, Randy took the stage inside the Renaissance Worthington Hotel in downtown Fort Worth. According to the Burleson Star, the country singer stopped singing in the middle of his performance. Apologizing for the break, he explained, "My vocal chords are giving out on me." Eyewitnesses said he "stumbled sideways with his guitar, and then pitched forward onto the front of the stage" when he tried to sing again.
Despite the incident, Tree Paine, a spokeswoman for Warner Music Nashville, confirmed that Randy is expected to resume his 25th anniversary tour without interruption. The singer's upcoming show will take place at Viking Hall in Bristol, Tennessee this Saturday, October 1.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger