Randy Travis Resting at Home After Collapsing at Benefit Concert
Country singer Randy Travis is taking doctors' advice to rest. The "Whisper My Name" hitmaker surprised audience at the Crystal Heart Gala, an annual benefit for the Huguley Memorial Medical Center in Fort Worth, Texas last Sunday (September 25) night, when he passed out in the middle of his "Three Wooden Crosses" performance.
"Mr. Travis had been struggling with laryngitis that resulted from chronic allergies and had taken multiple over-the-counter allergy medicines," explained Drs. Jeff Beeson and Steve Davis in a statement to E! News. "During the performance, Mr. Travis was overcome by a combination of dehydration, over-the-counter allergy medications, and caffeine use."
"This, combined with the heat of the stage lights, caused him to pass out," they continued. "Mr. Travis was immediately provided medical care and after regaining consciousness, walked off the stage on his own power. He was evaluated by us in his tour bus. Mr. Travis' vital signs were all stable. Mr. Travis went home to recover. Today he is taking our advice and resting."
On Sunday night, Randy took the stage inside the Renaissance Worthington Hotel in downtown Fort Worth. According to the Burleson Star, the country singer stopped singing in the middle of his performance. Apologizing for the break, he explained, "My vocal chords are giving out on me." Eyewitnesses said he "stumbled sideways with his guitar, and then pitched forward onto the front of the stage" when he tried to sing again.
Despite the incident, Tree Paine, a spokeswoman for Warner Music Nashville, confirmed that Randy is expected to resume his 25th anniversary tour without interruption. The singer's upcoming show will take place at Viking Hall in Bristol, Tennessee this Saturday, October 1.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns