Jay-Z to Christen Nets Brooklyn Arena With Live Concerts
Jay-Z who is one of the Nets co-owners revealed on a Monday (September 26) news conference that he's going to open the basketball club's new arena with a grand celebration. The rap mogul said he's going to hold a string of live concerts once the building is ready to use.
"This is where I'm from, I'll always be Brooklyn, and opening this arena will mean more to me than anywhere else," Jigga stated at the press conference across the street from the construction site. Of how many gigs he will hold for the grand opening, he said, "Maybe one, maybe two, maybe three."
It's the revamped Barclays Center which will become the new home for Nets. The venue has been under construction since 2009, and is due to open in September 2012. "It's going to be more than about basketball; it's an entertainment arena," the Roc Nation founder gushed.
More importantly, the "Empire State of Mind" hitmaker pointed out, "It's already created so many jobs." He explained more, "Along with all the entertainment and basketball and boxing ... along with all that, just to create jobs on top of that is a beautiful thing."
Beside renewing the arena, the husband of Beyonce Knowles and the other Nets owners have also decided to reintroduce the club under new name. Previously known as the New Jersey Nets, the basketball club is now called the Brooklyn Nets.
More Jay-Z News
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch