'Breaking Dawn' Wedding Song and Album Tracklisting Revealed
Just a day before the first single from "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I" will be released, tracklisting for the soundtrack album comes out revealing which song will be played on Edward and Bella's wedding scene. Out of the fifteen songs listed, it's the track No. 11 which is picked up as the wedding song.
The song is called "Flightless Bird, American Mouth", and sung by Iron & Wine. It's the song which was used as a backsound on a prom scene of 2008's "Twilight" where Edward and Bella danced together for the very first time. Judging from the soundtrack, it seems that the couple will get nostalgic on the D day.
The other theme songs are not specified, but one track which comes from Grammy-winning singer/songwriter Bruno Mars is chosen to lead all those theme songs. Titled "It Will Rain", the single will be available worldwide on iTunes on September 27, and in the U.K. on October 31.
Talking to Billboard about the upcoming song, Bruno said, "The 'Twilight' movies for me (are) a love story. But it's a dark love story. And I think the best way to describe the song is: it's the darker side of love. I think that pretty much sums it up." Recalling the creative process, he shared, "[It] started off with me and the guitar... and I just had this melody in my head and basically laid it down after I saw the film."
Although this album features no music from leading actor Robert Pattinson, it still has contribution from another cast. Actress Mia Maestro who plays Carmen of the Denali Coven in the film will sing a song called "Llovera". It's penned by songwriters Aqualung and Lucy Schwartz.
"Breaking Dawn" itself will follow Edward and Bella Swan as they take their romance to the next level. Their newfound marriage bliss, however, is cut short when Bella finds out about her pregnancy and suffers a great deal of pain. Also, the arrival of their daughter sets in motion a perilous chain of events that pits the Cullens and their allies against the fearsome council of vampire leaders.
The last chapter in the "Twilight" series, "Breaking Dawn" is split into two parts. "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I" will hit U.S. theaters on November 18, while "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" is set for November 16, 2012 release. Soundtrack album for the "Breaking Dawn Part I" will be released in the U.S. on November 8.
- The Joy Formidable - "Endtapes"
- Angus & Julia Stone - "Love Will Take You"
- Bruno Mars - "It Will Rain"
- Sleeping at Last - "Turning Page"
- The Features - "From Now On"
- Christina Perri - "A Thousand Years"
- Theophilus London - "Neighbors"
- The Belle Brigade - "I Didn't Mean It"
- Noisettes - "Sister Rosetta (2011 Version)"
- Cider Sky - "Northern Lights"
- Iron & Wine - "Flightless Bird, American Mouth (Wedding Version)"
- Imperial Mammoth - "Requiem on Water"
- Aqualung & Lucy Schwartz - "Cold"
- Mia Maestro - "Llovera"
- Carter Burwell - "Love Death Rebirth"
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'
- Did Geoff Johns Just Confirm That Armie Hammer Would Play Green Lantern in DC Movies?
- Inside Kanye West's Music Comeback Plans Following Hospitalization
- Kendall Jenner Isn't Happy About That Rolls-Royce for Her Birthday? Here's Why
- Mariah Carey Can't Wear Her Shoes Alone in New Promo for 'Mariah's World'