Bravo Apologizes for Patti Stanger's Gay and Jewish Slur
Bravo has issued an apology for the controversial statements made by Patti Stanger regarding gay and Jewish communities when she appeared on "Watch What Happens Live". Disassociating itself with the television producer's opinion, the network stated, "[Patti's] comments are not representative of the network's beliefs and opinions. We apologize for the offense it caused."
Stanger caused a stir when she tried to defend her belief that gay men can't be monogamous. "In the gay world, it will always be open. ... There is no curbing the gay man. I have tried to curb you people," she told host Andy Cohen, who replied, "I am gay and am down for the monogamy."
Later, the "Millionaire Matchmaker" star insulted Jewish men by generalizing, "Jewish men lie." This prompted Cohen to say, "So I'm a non-monogamous liar," but he was still able to laugh at her comment.
Unlike Cohen, some people were outraged by Stanger's statements and took to Twitter to promote the hashtag #CancelStanger. After seemingly taking it lightly, the 50-year-old CEO of Millionaire's Club International Inc. took to her Twitter page to address her gay slur.
"Attn male Gays: I support you & my comment on WWHL was to a LA guy who can't find commitment," she explained. In another tweet, she said, "Love you @joyvbehar for letting me get the record straight. So sorry to LA gays @glaad if I offended you."
Although she has not addressed her comment about Jewish men, Stanger has offered an apology for those offended by her words during her appearance on "WWHL" on Sunday night (September 25). "I am so sorry. I did not mean to offend anyone with my comments last night," she said to TMZ.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed