Ellen DeGeneres Assures She's Fine After Chest Pain Scare
Ellen DeGeneres is well enough to joke about her recent chest pain scare. TMZ reported that the host of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" suffered chest pains during a producers' meeting on Monday (September 26) morning, prompting her staff to call 911. She, however, made light of the situation during the taping of her talk show.
"You know I like to tell you what's going on in my life. So today, I will tell you what's going on in my life because TMZ is also telling you what's going on in my life," the 53-year-old told her audience. "So I'll tell you at the same time that they're telling you. What happened was, last night I was having chest pains. So this morning the paramedics came to look at me."
The comedienne who voiced Dory in "Finding Nemo" continued to assure everyone that she's doing fine. "First of all, I'm fine. Let me just say, I'm fine," so she said before throwing in some jokes, "The paramedics were strippers that I had called. That's how the rumors got started."
As for her chest pains, Ellen recalled waking up in the middle of the night feeling a tightness and heaviness in her chest. "Then I got to work and it was still happening. I was still feeling the pains," she went on to share. "So I was like, ya know, I should check this out. It's better to be safe than sorry. Who doesn't want to see a fireman occasionally?"
The wife of Portia de Rossi then joked that the paramedics came in by breaking the door with an axe. In a more serious note, she stated that she doesn't know what caused the chest pain "but it's fine." She also thanked "the paramedics and the nurses who showed up and everybody and TMZ for caring so much," adding "I appreciate it. Thank you."
Ellen later took to Twitter to express her gratitude for concern over her health. "Thank you all for your concern," so she wrote. She added in the same tweet, "I wasn't feeling great so I called the paramedics, but I'm fine. The mouth to mouth was totally unnecessary."
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay
- Chris Cornell's Wife Pens Letter to Late Singer: 'I Will Stand Up for You'
- Gucci Mane Shares 'Drop Top Wop' Release Date and Track List, Premieres New Video 'Hurt Feelings'
- Odell Beckham Jr. and Iggy Azalea Are Cozying Up in Romantic Bowling Date
- Kim Kardashian Posts Sweet Tribute to 'Best Husband' Kanye West on 3-Year Anniversary
- 'John Wick 3' Script Is Being Written, Filming May Begin Later This Year
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards