Ellen DeGeneres Assures She's Fine After Chest Pain Scare
Ellen DeGeneres is well enough to joke about her recent chest pain scare. TMZ reported that the host of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" suffered chest pains during a producers' meeting on Monday (September 26) morning, prompting her staff to call 911. She, however, made light of the situation during the taping of her talk show.
"You know I like to tell you what's going on in my life. So today, I will tell you what's going on in my life because TMZ is also telling you what's going on in my life," the 53-year-old told her audience. "So I'll tell you at the same time that they're telling you. What happened was, last night I was having chest pains. So this morning the paramedics came to look at me."
The comedienne who voiced Dory in "Finding Nemo" continued to assure everyone that she's doing fine. "First of all, I'm fine. Let me just say, I'm fine," so she said before throwing in some jokes, "The paramedics were strippers that I had called. That's how the rumors got started."
As for her chest pains, Ellen recalled waking up in the middle of the night feeling a tightness and heaviness in her chest. "Then I got to work and it was still happening. I was still feeling the pains," she went on to share. "So I was like, ya know, I should check this out. It's better to be safe than sorry. Who doesn't want to see a fireman occasionally?"
The wife of Portia de Rossi then joked that the paramedics came in by breaking the door with an axe. In a more serious note, she stated that she doesn't know what caused the chest pain "but it's fine." She also thanked "the paramedics and the nurses who showed up and everybody and TMZ for caring so much," adding "I appreciate it. Thank you."
Ellen later took to Twitter to express her gratitude for concern over her health. "Thank you all for your concern," so she wrote. She added in the same tweet, "I wasn't feeling great so I called the paramedics, but I'm fine. The mouth to mouth was totally unnecessary."
More Ellen DeGeneres News
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital