Justin Timberlake to Play Multimillionaire Record Producer in 'Spinning Gold'
Justin Timberlake has sealed a deal to star in a biopic project called "Spinning Gold". Deadline reported that the "In Time" actor is set to play a famed 1970s record mogul Neil Bogart, who is the co-founder of Casablanca Records.
In the project, the singer-turned-actor will also serve as the producer along with Neil's son Timothy Scott Bogart and Evan Bogart, as well as TV producer Gary Randall. Timothy additionally provides the screenplay.
The film will revolve around the life of Neil, who was a poor Jewish child from Brooklyn before he became a multimillionaire after finding his record label. He was the one behind the launching career of '70s superstars like KISS, Parliament, Donna Summer and The Village People. Neil died after losing battle with cancer in 1982 at the age of 39.
"This is saga about a young dreamer who started with nothing and came of age in the '60s and '70s, believing anything was possible and every risk was worth taking," Timothy said of the biopic. He noted that the project has been "literally three decades in the making."
Timothy explained that the biggest challenge in developing the project is to find the suitable actor to portray his father. "We needed a young actor who can carry this picture," he said. "When Justin walked into the room, that was the moment I had been waiting for 29 years. He has the exact same energy as my father, the same glimmer in his eye."
"Spinning Gold" is still looking for a director, while the production is expected to start before the end of 2012. Timothy added that the film is going to be financed independently, but with "a major studio-size budget."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal