Southwest Airlines Explains Removal of Former 'L Word' Star From Flight
Leisha Hailey has been left fuming by her removal from a Southwest Airlines flight. Through Twitter, the former star of "The L Word" claimed that she and her girlfriend were kicked off the flight for kissing and demanded apology for the discrimination. Southwest has since issued a statement regarding the incident.
"Initial reports indicate that we received several passenger complaints characterizing the behavior as excessive," explained the airline. "Our crew, responsible for the comfort of all Customers on board, approached the passengers based solely on behavior and not gender. The conversation escalated to a level that was better resolved on the ground, as opposed to in flight."
Though defending the action taken by their crew, the airline did offer some sort of apology to Leisha. "We regret any circumstance where a passenger does not have a positive experience on Southwest and we are ready to work directly with the passengers involved to offer our heartfelt apologies for falling short of their expectations," it stated in conclusion.
Just hours earlier, Leisha took to Twitter to express her anger over the incident. "I have been discriminated against by @SouthwestAir. Flt. attendant said that it was a 'family' airline and kissing was not ok," wrote the 40-year-old actress who is best known for her role as Alice Pieszecki on "L Word".
She continued her rant by tweeting, "This is an outrage. I demand a public apology by @SouthwestAir and a refund. Hate is not a family value. I will never fly this airline," and "We were escorted off the plane for getting upset about the issue. @SouthwestAir endorses homophobic employees. No one made her accountable."
The Uh Huh Her member didn't stop there. In another tweet, she wrote, "Since when is showing affection towards someone you love illegal? I want to know what Southwest Airlines considers as 'family'." She later posted, "I know plenty of wonderful same sex families I would like to introduce them to. Boycott @SouthwestAir if you are gay. They don't like us."
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier