Artist of the Week: Dev
A small-town girl with big talent, Dev moved to Los Angeles on a mission to make it to the top. Delivering fun, sexy music with distinctive, unique voice, the singer whose real name is Devin Star Tailes stood out among the bunch and grabbed attention from the start.
Before dropping a debut album, the 22-year-old singer has helped Far East Movement claim their fame. The West Coast group sampled her song "Booty Bounce" for their club banger "Like a G6". Thanks to the dance track, they broke Billboard Hot 100 and ruled the U.S. single chart for several weeks.
This year is Dev's turn to shine. With the help of red-hot production team The Cataracs, she crafted a sultry addictive single called "In the Dark" which spun remixes featuring Flo Rida and 50 Cent. Seven weeks after releasing it in the country, the electropop artist rose to No. 18 on Hot 100, and is expected to climb higher in the following weeks.
The song is taken from Dev's debut album "The Night the Sun Came Up" which was recently pushed back to November 1. The delay was revealed hot on the heels of her pregnancy announcement. "Being so busy and wrapped up in my career, I never thought I'd fall in love or have a family," she said in an interview with What The Hellz.
"I thought I was going to be a lonely touring soul till I was 50... I knew how much Jimmy and I loved each other and I thought we'd do amazing at loving this baby... so this is rad. I feel so blessed and empowered, like I can kick ass more then ever!" She's expecting a baby girl with her best friend Jimmy.
"I thought my label might drop me," she added. "I thought I was going to make Indie Pop and The Cataracs really sad because we worked so f**king hard together and now our entire plans are going to change. Thankfully all of the boys came around, thankfully my label supports me, and I'm grateful... I can celebrate both my hard work, as well as my baby girl!"
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest