Artist of the Week: Dev
A small-town girl with big talent, Dev moved to Los Angeles on a mission to make it to the top. Delivering fun, sexy music with distinctive, unique voice, the singer whose real name is Devin Star Tailes stood out among the bunch and grabbed attention from the start.
Before dropping a debut album, the 22-year-old singer has helped Far East Movement claim their fame. The West Coast group sampled her song "Booty Bounce" for their club banger "Like a G6". Thanks to the dance track, they broke Billboard Hot 100 and ruled the U.S. single chart for several weeks.
This year is Dev's turn to shine. With the help of red-hot production team The Cataracs, she crafted a sultry addictive single called "In the Dark" which spun remixes featuring Flo Rida and 50 Cent. Seven weeks after releasing it in the country, the electropop artist rose to No. 18 on Hot 100, and is expected to climb higher in the following weeks.
The song is taken from Dev's debut album "The Night the Sun Came Up" which was recently pushed back to November 1. The delay was revealed hot on the heels of her pregnancy announcement. "Being so busy and wrapped up in my career, I never thought I'd fall in love or have a family," she said in an interview with What The Hellz.
"I thought I was going to be a lonely touring soul till I was 50... I knew how much Jimmy and I loved each other and I thought we'd do amazing at loving this baby... so this is rad. I feel so blessed and empowered, like I can kick ass more then ever!" She's expecting a baby girl with her best friend Jimmy.
"I thought my label might drop me," she added. "I thought I was going to make Indie Pop and The Cataracs really sad because we worked so f**king hard together and now our entire plans are going to change. Thankfully all of the boys came around, thankfully my label supports me, and I'm grateful... I can celebrate both my hard work, as well as my baby girl!"
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie