Video: Alicia Keys Debuts New Song 'A Place of My Own' at iHeartRadio Fest
Beside Lady GaGa's heartfelt tribute to teen suicide victim Jamey Rodemeyer, another highlight from the inaugural iHeartRadio music festival over the weekend was a live performance from Alicia Keys. Her set was one of those which should not be missed because she debuted a brand new song at the gig.
Sitting behind a grand piano, the mother of one received an immediate approval from concertgoers when she said, "I've been in the studio working on some new music and I thought tonight would be the perfect night to play something new for you. Is it okay for me to play something brand new?"
Once the crowd gave their consent, the wife of Swizz Beatz hit the piano for an intro before belting out the lyrics. "This life can seem so unfair but who care/ If I can rise up then I will get there/ Cause I'm lookin for a place to call my own/ I'm lookin' for a house to make a home/ I'm lookin' for a seat upon a throne/ I'm lookin' for a place to call my own," she sang.
Alicia performed on the kick-off night of the two-day music festival which was hosted by Ryan Seacrest. Beside singing solo, she collaborated with Jay-Z in their smash hit "Empire State of Mind". Joining her as performers on Friday, September 23 were the likes of Kelly Clarkson, Coldplay, Black Eyed Peas, Bruno Mars and Carrie Underwood.
Alicia Keys and Jay-Z:
More Alicia Keys News
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video