Video: Alicia Keys Debuts New Song 'A Place of My Own' at iHeartRadio Fest
Beside Lady GaGa's heartfelt tribute to teen suicide victim Jamey Rodemeyer, another highlight from the inaugural iHeartRadio music festival over the weekend was a live performance from Alicia Keys. Her set was one of those which should not be missed because she debuted a brand new song at the gig.
Sitting behind a grand piano, the mother of one received an immediate approval from concertgoers when she said, "I've been in the studio working on some new music and I thought tonight would be the perfect night to play something new for you. Is it okay for me to play something brand new?"
Once the crowd gave their consent, the wife of Swizz Beatz hit the piano for an intro before belting out the lyrics. "This life can seem so unfair but who care/ If I can rise up then I will get there/ Cause I'm lookin for a place to call my own/ I'm lookin' for a house to make a home/ I'm lookin' for a seat upon a throne/ I'm lookin' for a place to call my own," she sang.
Alicia performed on the kick-off night of the two-day music festival which was hosted by Ryan Seacrest. Beside singing solo, she collaborated with Jay-Z in their smash hit "Empire State of Mind". Joining her as performers on Friday, September 23 were the likes of Kelly Clarkson, Coldplay, Black Eyed Peas, Bruno Mars and Carrie Underwood.
Alicia Keys and Jay-Z:
More Alicia Keys News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie