Video: Alicia Keys Debuts New Song 'A Place of My Own' at iHeartRadio Fest
Beside Lady GaGa's heartfelt tribute to teen suicide victim Jamey Rodemeyer, another highlight from the inaugural iHeartRadio music festival over the weekend was a live performance from Alicia Keys. Her set was one of those which should not be missed because she debuted a brand new song at the gig.
Sitting behind a grand piano, the mother of one received an immediate approval from concertgoers when she said, "I've been in the studio working on some new music and I thought tonight would be the perfect night to play something new for you. Is it okay for me to play something brand new?"
Once the crowd gave their consent, the wife of Swizz Beatz hit the piano for an intro before belting out the lyrics. "This life can seem so unfair but who care/ If I can rise up then I will get there/ Cause I'm lookin for a place to call my own/ I'm lookin' for a house to make a home/ I'm lookin' for a seat upon a throne/ I'm lookin' for a place to call my own," she sang.
Alicia performed on the kick-off night of the two-day music festival which was hosted by Ryan Seacrest. Beside singing solo, she collaborated with Jay-Z in their smash hit "Empire State of Mind". Joining her as performers on Friday, September 23 were the likes of Kelly Clarkson, Coldplay, Black Eyed Peas, Bruno Mars and Carrie Underwood.
Alicia Keys and Jay-Z:
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism