Drake Is Broody in Official 'Take Care' Cover Art
Drake has revealed a picture which will be featured on the front page of his upcoming studio album "Take Care". In the official artwork, he is seen sitting at a lavish banquet with a gold candle stick and goblet, along with his trademark owl figurine, sitting on the table.
The Canadian rapper matches his outfit to the expensive-looking decor by dressing in black and wearing gold accessories. Despite the lavish setting, the MC shows no smile. Instead, he stares wistfully into the goblet and looks so lost in his thoughts.
In a message posted on his official blog, Drizzy wrote, "Feels like it's been so long. Is life moving so fast in this generation that when we desire something it begins to move in slow motion? Are we just used to getting what we want right away? Or do we require one another to feel right about all that is going on around us?"
The Young Money member added, "Maybe our anticipation is justified by the fact that we genuinely cannot wait to share a moment again? Either way, your life and mine are scheduled to meet on October 24...I wouldn't miss it for the world."
The release of the album happens to be the same day Drizzy will turn 24. Before the effort is released, fans have already embraced at least four of his new songs; "Trust Issues", "Marvin's Room", "Club Paradise" and "Free Spirit" which features Rick Ross.
Although some of his songs have gloomy vibes, Drizzy doesn't want people "to just hear a piece and judge the album on that." In an interview with Rolling Stone, the "Best I Ever Had" hitmaker reasoned, "With this album, I want to tell a whole story. I hate singles."
He furthermore refused to let the success of his first album "Thank Me Later" get to his head. "In no way am I not proud of it," he stated, "but I think I got caught up in making it seem big and first-album-ish. I was a bit numb, a bit disconnected from myself. I wasn't able to slow down and realize what was going on around me."
More Drake News
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says