New 'Game of Thrones' Season 2 Teaser Promises Night Full of Terrors
A new teaser trailer for "Game of Thrones" season 2 is unleashed ahead of the new season premiere of "Boardwalk Empire" on Sunday, September 25. Not featuring any new footage, the promo video contains a warning written in fire, "The night is dark and full of terrors."
The phrase itself comes from Melisandre of Asshai, a priestess of R'hllor, who gives advices to Stannis Baratheon in his quest to claim the Iron Throne. She is introduced in the second book of George R.R Martin's "Song of Ice and Fire" series, and is described as having the ability to see visions of the future in fire.
The character will be played by Carice van Houten in the upcoming second season that will premiere on HBO in spring 2012. Meanwhile, being set to portray the late King Robert's brother, Stannis, is Stephen Dillane.
More Game of Thrones News
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo