New 'Game of Thrones' Season 2 Teaser Promises Night Full of Terrors
A new teaser trailer for "Game of Thrones" season 2 is unleashed ahead of the new season premiere of "Boardwalk Empire" on Sunday, September 25. Not featuring any new footage, the promo video contains a warning written in fire, "The night is dark and full of terrors."
The phrase itself comes from Melisandre of Asshai, a priestess of R'hllor, who gives advices to Stannis Baratheon in his quest to claim the Iron Throne. She is introduced in the second book of George R.R Martin's "Song of Ice and Fire" series, and is described as having the ability to see visions of the future in fire.
The character will be played by Carice van Houten in the upcoming second season that will premiere on HBO in spring 2012. Meanwhile, being set to portray the late King Robert's brother, Stannis, is Stephen Dillane.
More Game of Thrones News
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion