New 'Game of Thrones' Season 2 Teaser Promises Night Full of Terrors
A new teaser trailer for "Game of Thrones" season 2 is unleashed ahead of the new season premiere of "Boardwalk Empire" on Sunday, September 25. Not featuring any new footage, the promo video contains a warning written in fire, "The night is dark and full of terrors."
The phrase itself comes from Melisandre of Asshai, a priestess of R'hllor, who gives advices to Stannis Baratheon in his quest to claim the Iron Throne. She is introduced in the second book of George R.R Martin's "Song of Ice and Fire" series, and is described as having the ability to see visions of the future in fire.
The character will be played by Carice van Houten in the upcoming second season that will premiere on HBO in spring 2012. Meanwhile, being set to portray the late King Robert's brother, Stannis, is Stephen Dillane.
More Game of Thrones News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season