New 'Game of Thrones' Season 2 Teaser Promises Night Full of Terrors
A new teaser trailer for "Game of Thrones" season 2 is unleashed ahead of the new season premiere of "Boardwalk Empire" on Sunday, September 25. Not featuring any new footage, the promo video contains a warning written in fire, "The night is dark and full of terrors."
The phrase itself comes from Melisandre of Asshai, a priestess of R'hllor, who gives advices to Stannis Baratheon in his quest to claim the Iron Throne. She is introduced in the second book of George R.R Martin's "Song of Ice and Fire" series, and is described as having the ability to see visions of the future in fire.
The character will be played by Carice van Houten in the upcoming second season that will premiere on HBO in spring 2012. Meanwhile, being set to portray the late King Robert's brother, Stannis, is Stephen Dillane.
More Game of Thrones News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival