J. Cole Releases Heartbreaking Music Video for 'Daddy's Little Girl'
J. Cole apparently wants to make sure his debut album will come out successful in the market, pulling the last strand of effort by releasing a music video just 48 hours before the album hits the shelves. Cole chose to give "Daddy's Little Girl", one of the "Cole World: The Sideline Story" bonus tracks, a video treatment.
The video follows a heartbreaking story of a girl who trained to be a ballerina when little but ended up as a stripper later. The girl shed a tear at what her life has turned to be. "Mama couldn't never reach her/ Brother tried his best to teach her/ She thinks she's ready for the world/ Just look at daddy's little girl," Cole sang.
"Cole World" will be released in the U.S. on Tuesday, September 27. "Like some rappers have, on my debut I could have gone super commercial," said Cole of the album. "I could have just filled the album with eight or nine potential singles and hope that some of them work. Or, I could have gone the other route and been super stubborn, using only the personal material and not even worry about selling any records."
"What I ended up doing was the perfect balance of both. I have a number of all of those styles; the personal, deep records that are almost tear-jerkers and the fun, carefree records and super lyrical songs."
J. Cole's "Daddy's Little Girl" music video
More J. Cole News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie