J. Cole Releases Heartbreaking Music Video for 'Daddy's Little Girl'
J. Cole apparently wants to make sure his debut album will come out successful in the market, pulling the last strand of effort by releasing a music video just 48 hours before the album hits the shelves. Cole chose to give "Daddy's Little Girl", one of the "Cole World: The Sideline Story" bonus tracks, a video treatment.
The video follows a heartbreaking story of a girl who trained to be a ballerina when little but ended up as a stripper later. The girl shed a tear at what her life has turned to be. "Mama couldn't never reach her/ Brother tried his best to teach her/ She thinks she's ready for the world/ Just look at daddy's little girl," Cole sang.
"Cole World" will be released in the U.S. on Tuesday, September 27. "Like some rappers have, on my debut I could have gone super commercial," said Cole of the album. "I could have just filled the album with eight or nine potential singles and hope that some of them work. Or, I could have gone the other route and been super stubborn, using only the personal material and not even worry about selling any records."
"What I ended up doing was the perfect balance of both. I have a number of all of those styles; the personal, deep records that are almost tear-jerkers and the fun, carefree records and super lyrical songs."
More J. Cole News
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery