Innocent DJ Qualls Beaten by Police in Vancouver
American actor DJ Qualls was beaten by a police officer in Vancouver although he did nothing wrong. "I cannot understand it," the "Road Trip" star wrote on Twitter. "I'm sitting here, with a busted face in total shock. I literally did nothing wrong."
Qualls was in Vancouver to shoot an episode of the CW's "Supernatural". In his account, the 33-year-old said that "a dude punch a girl" when he was walking out of cafe. Police then arrived and he told them what had happened but he got into hot water. "He said if I didnt get out of there, he's arrest me, I asked why and he tackled me, busted my face and handcuffed me," Qualls said.
A video of the incident where Qualls and the police officer exchanged heated words while the actor was handcuffed has surfaced on TMZ.com. Qualls was eventually released without arrest.
"Was not arrested b/c was innocent. I was handcuffed and bleeding while the cop kept saying to me, 'you think youre fucking better than me? ...Repeatedly asked 4 his badge number and he said if I didnt shut up, Id be taken in. Finally got a card as I was taken to hospital," Qualls wrote.
He is now asking for an apology from the officer and a full reimbursement of his hospital bills, which amounted to $800. A formal complaint has been sent to Vancouver Police Department. A rep of the police force has issued a statement, saying "Obviously we're aware of the complaint that he's made via the media and we've reached out to him. Despite not hearing from him we've proactively started an investigation."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal