Justin Theroux Won a $450,000 Painting for Jennifer Aniston
A bunch of celebrities gathered at Christie's in New York on Thursday, September 22 for a charity auction, but one couple attracted the attention with their bid. Jennifer Aniston's boyfriend Justin Theroux won her a painting for an extravagant $450,000.
At "Artist for Haiti", Aniston waited behind the wings while Theroux big on Glenn Ligon's abstract oil, charcoal and graphite work called "Stranger #44". The price tag for the art piece was estimated between $150,000 to $200,000, so the final number exceeded the expectation.
"Aniston, who was in the room, clapped enthusiastically after [Theroux's] winning bid," reported artinfo.com. The painting is expected to decorate her New York house.
The event was partly organized by Aniston's best friend Ben Stiller who managed to raise a total of $13,662,000 to benefit health and education initiatives in Haiti. Stiller and wife Christine Taylor hosted a dinner at Il Cantinori the next night, joined by not only Aniston and Theroux but also Susan Sarandon and former U.S. President Bill Clinton.
More Justin Theroux News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal