Justin Theroux Won a $450,000 Painting for Jennifer Aniston
A bunch of celebrities gathered at Christie's in New York on Thursday, September 22 for a charity auction, but one couple attracted the attention with their bid. Jennifer Aniston's boyfriend Justin Theroux won her a painting for an extravagant $450,000.
At "Artist for Haiti", Aniston waited behind the wings while Theroux big on Glenn Ligon's abstract oil, charcoal and graphite work called "Stranger #44". The price tag for the art piece was estimated between $150,000 to $200,000, so the final number exceeded the expectation.
"Aniston, who was in the room, clapped enthusiastically after [Theroux's] winning bid," reported artinfo.com. The painting is expected to decorate her New York house.
The event was partly organized by Aniston's best friend Ben Stiller who managed to raise a total of $13,662,000 to benefit health and education initiatives in Haiti. Stiller and wife Christine Taylor hosted a dinner at Il Cantinori the next night, joined by not only Aniston and Theroux but also Susan Sarandon and former U.S. President Bill Clinton.
More Justin Theroux News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding