Justin Theroux Won a $450,000 Painting for Jennifer Aniston
A bunch of celebrities gathered at Christie's in New York on Thursday, September 22 for a charity auction, but one couple attracted the attention with their bid. Jennifer Aniston's boyfriend Justin Theroux won her a painting for an extravagant $450,000.
At "Artist for Haiti", Aniston waited behind the wings while Theroux big on Glenn Ligon's abstract oil, charcoal and graphite work called "Stranger #44". The price tag for the art piece was estimated between $150,000 to $200,000, so the final number exceeded the expectation.
"Aniston, who was in the room, clapped enthusiastically after [Theroux's] winning bid," reported artinfo.com. The painting is expected to decorate her New York house.
The event was partly organized by Aniston's best friend Ben Stiller who managed to raise a total of $13,662,000 to benefit health and education initiatives in Haiti. Stiller and wife Christine Taylor hosted a dinner at Il Cantinori the next night, joined by not only Aniston and Theroux but also Susan Sarandon and former U.S. President Bill Clinton.
More Justin Theroux News
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Violent Season 7 Premiere