Justin Theroux Won a $450,000 Painting for Jennifer Aniston
A bunch of celebrities gathered at Christie's in New York on Thursday, September 22 for a charity auction, but one couple attracted the attention with their bid. Jennifer Aniston's boyfriend Justin Theroux won her a painting for an extravagant $450,000.
At "Artist for Haiti", Aniston waited behind the wings while Theroux big on Glenn Ligon's abstract oil, charcoal and graphite work called "Stranger #44". The price tag for the art piece was estimated between $150,000 to $200,000, so the final number exceeded the expectation.
"Aniston, who was in the room, clapped enthusiastically after [Theroux's] winning bid," reported artinfo.com. The painting is expected to decorate her New York house.
The event was partly organized by Aniston's best friend Ben Stiller who managed to raise a total of $13,662,000 to benefit health and education initiatives in Haiti. Stiller and wife Christine Taylor hosted a dinner at Il Cantinori the next night, joined by not only Aniston and Theroux but also Susan Sarandon and former U.S. President Bill Clinton.
More Justin Theroux News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!