Justin Theroux Won a $450,000 Painting for Jennifer Aniston
A bunch of celebrities gathered at Christie's in New York on Thursday, September 22 for a charity auction, but one couple attracted the attention with their bid. Jennifer Aniston's boyfriend Justin Theroux won her a painting for an extravagant $450,000.
At "Artist for Haiti", Aniston waited behind the wings while Theroux big on Glenn Ligon's abstract oil, charcoal and graphite work called "Stranger #44". The price tag for the art piece was estimated between $150,000 to $200,000, so the final number exceeded the expectation.
"Aniston, who was in the room, clapped enthusiastically after [Theroux's] winning bid," reported artinfo.com. The painting is expected to decorate her New York house.
The event was partly organized by Aniston's best friend Ben Stiller who managed to raise a total of $13,662,000 to benefit health and education initiatives in Haiti. Stiller and wife Christine Taylor hosted a dinner at Il Cantinori the next night, joined by not only Aniston and Theroux but also Susan Sarandon and former U.S. President Bill Clinton.
More Justin Theroux News
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered
- Wham! and Chris Martin Pay Tribute to George Michael at BRIT Awards
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Ready to Reconnect With Daughter Suri After Years Apart
- Hugh Jackman Rules Out Wolverine/Deadpool Movie
- 'Glee' Alum Lauren Potter's Engagement Called Off
- David Beckham Smashes His Tooth During Snowboarding Trip, Days After Son Brooklyn Got Arm Injury