Katherine Heigl Desperate to Find Cash in First 'One for the Money' Trailer
Lionsgate Films has released the first trailer for Katherine Heigl's romantic comedy "One for the Money" via Yahoo! Movies. In the promo video, the "27 Dresses" actress is not only seen in a number of hilarious scenes, but also does some actions by blowing up a car and practicing her gun shooting.
In the romantic comedy, Heigl fills in the shoes of Stephanie Plum, a Jersey girl who gets plenty of attitude despite her jobless status for the last six months. Desperate for some fast cash, she turns to her last resort: convincing her sleazy cousin to give her a job at his bail bonding company as a recovery agent.
Although she doesn't even own a pair of handcuffs and her weapon of choice is pepper spray, Stephanie takes on Vinny's biggest bail-jumper: former vice cop and murder suspect Joe Morelli. The twist, however, comes from the fact that Joe is the same sexy, irresistible guy who seduced and dumped her back in high school.
Slated for a January 27, 2012 release in U.S. theaters, "One for the Money" is based on Janet Evanovich's 1994 novel of the same title. It is directed by Julie Anne Robinson and written by Liz Brixius, Karen McCullah Lutz and Kirsten Smiths. Joining Heigl in the cast ensemble are Jason O'Mara, Sherri Shepherd, Debbie Reynolds and John Leguizamo among others.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media