Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton Make Reluctant Duet in 'Joyful Noise' First Trailer
Two A-list songstresses, Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton, are joining forces to create a winning Gospel Choir in the first trailer for musical comedy "Joyful Noise". Making its way out via Apple, the video presents the soul diva and the country singer playing Vi Rose Hill and G.G. Sparrow who are feuding with each other before they are forced to team up for a music project.
Aside from highlighting Latifah and Parton's on-screen feud, the video also sees the romantic relationship between Keke Palmer and Jeremy Jordan. In the movie, Palmer and Jordan play Hill's daughter and Sparrow's grandson who helps the gospel choir.
"Joyful Noise" tells the story of an unlikely partnership between two strong-minded women when they are forced to work together to save a small town Gospel Choir after budget cuts threaten to shut them down. The movie is set to open in U.S. theaters on January 13, 2012.
The film also stars Teairra Monroe, Dexter Darden, Kris Kristofferson, Jesse L. Martin, and Judd Lormand. It is directed by Todd Graff who also serves as the screenwriter.
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame
- Blac Chyna Plans Plastic Surgery Makeover to Match Her Post-Baby Body
- Melania Trump 'Fixes' Her Hair as Donald Trump Tries to Hold Her Hand
- Bella Hadid Enjoys Dinner Date With Mystery Hunk in Rome and Leaves With Bouquet of Roses
- Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner Are Denied Access to Party in France
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Having a Baby to Save 'Stormy' Marriage