Bristol Palin's Rep on Homophobia Accusations: She's Defending Her Family
Bristol Palin is no homophobe, her camp insists. Soon after a video documenting the verbal altercation between Sarah Palin's eldest daughter and a 47-year-old man at a West Hollywood bar made media headlines, her representative came out with a defense over her homophobic slur.
"She was approached in a confrontational and inappropriate manner when two men aggressively shouted expletives aimed at her in reference to her mother," said her rep in a statement to TMZ. "Bristol responded to the unprovoked verbal assault by calmly standing her ground and defending her family."
The 20-year-old's representative also assured that "the situation ended with no incident". At the end of the statement, the rep pointed out, "Accusing her of homophobia is completely unfounded and totally misstates her views."
Bristol went to the Saddle Ranch in Los Angeles last Thursday (September 22) night with friends, cameraman and other production staff for her new reality TV show. There, she tried her hand on riding a mechanical bull. In video by Hollywood TV, a man can be heard yelling, "Did you ride Levi [Johnston] like that?" and "Your mother's a w***e" while she was on the machine.
After being tossed off, Bristol made her way across the crowded bar and confronted her heckler, who has been identified as Stephen Hanks, by asking him directly, "What'd you say?" Stephen responded, "You're mother's the f**king devil, dude," prompting the mother of one to ask, "What did she do wrong?"
Stephen then said, "She lives. She breathes. If there was a hell - which I don't believe there is - she will be there. She's evil." Fuming, Britol snapped back, "Why's that? Is it because you're a homosexual?" When the man replied, "Pretty much! And why'd you say I'm a homosexual?", she told him, "I can tell you are."
The verbal argument became even more intense afterward. It ended with Bristol walking out of the crowded bar with her camera crew, while the man is heard calling her "white trash" and a "f**king b***h."
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective