Bristol Palin's Rep on Homophobia Accusations: She's Defending Her Family
Bristol Palin is no homophobe, her camp insists. Soon after a video documenting the verbal altercation between Sarah Palin's eldest daughter and a 47-year-old man at a West Hollywood bar made media headlines, her representative came out with a defense over her homophobic slur.
"She was approached in a confrontational and inappropriate manner when two men aggressively shouted expletives aimed at her in reference to her mother," said her rep in a statement to TMZ. "Bristol responded to the unprovoked verbal assault by calmly standing her ground and defending her family."
The 20-year-old's representative also assured that "the situation ended with no incident". At the end of the statement, the rep pointed out, "Accusing her of homophobia is completely unfounded and totally misstates her views."
Bristol went to the Saddle Ranch in Los Angeles last Thursday (September 22) night with friends, cameraman and other production staff for her new reality TV show. There, she tried her hand on riding a mechanical bull. In video by Hollywood TV, a man can be heard yelling, "Did you ride Levi [Johnston] like that?" and "Your mother's a w***e" while she was on the machine.
After being tossed off, Bristol made her way across the crowded bar and confronted her heckler, who has been identified as Stephen Hanks, by asking him directly, "What'd you say?" Stephen responded, "You're mother's the f**king devil, dude," prompting the mother of one to ask, "What did she do wrong?"
Stephen then said, "She lives. She breathes. If there was a hell - which I don't believe there is - she will be there. She's evil." Fuming, Britol snapped back, "Why's that? Is it because you're a homosexual?" When the man replied, "Pretty much! And why'd you say I'm a homosexual?", she told him, "I can tell you are."
The verbal argument became even more intense afterward. It ended with Bristol walking out of the crowded bar with her camera crew, while the man is heard calling her "white trash" and a "f**king b***h."
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame