Blake Lively Eyed for Lead Role in 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
Blake Lively could be starring in Craig Gillespie's "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies". According to Twitch, the director has his eyes on the Serena van der Woodsen of "Gossip Girl" for the lead role of Elizabeth Bennett. However, there have been no words if the actress has accepted the offer or not.
Before Lively, Gillespie has reportedly offered the part to several A-list actresses. Emma Stone had been eyed for the role, and so had Anne Hathaway, Scarlett Johansson and Mia Wasikowska. However, none of them said yes to the offer. Natalie Portman was also considered for the part, but she refused to take it although she serves as the producer.
"Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" is adapted from Seth Grahame-Smith's novel that combines Jane Austen's classic 1813 novel "Pride and Prejudice" with elements of modern zombie fiction. The story is set in the era when zombies roam the English countryside. The movie will see Bennett as a feisty heroine who is distracted from her quest to eradicate the zombie menace by the arrival of the arrogant Mr. Darcy.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?