Blake Lively Eyed for Lead Role in 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
Blake Lively could be starring in Craig Gillespie's "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies". According to Twitch, the director has his eyes on the Serena van der Woodsen of "Gossip Girl" for the lead role of Elizabeth Bennett. However, there have been no words if the actress has accepted the offer or not.
Before Lively, Gillespie has reportedly offered the part to several A-list actresses. Emma Stone had been eyed for the role, and so had Anne Hathaway, Scarlett Johansson and Mia Wasikowska. However, none of them said yes to the offer. Natalie Portman was also considered for the part, but she refused to take it although she serves as the producer.
"Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" is adapted from Seth Grahame-Smith's novel that combines Jane Austen's classic 1813 novel "Pride and Prejudice" with elements of modern zombie fiction. The story is set in the era when zombies roam the English countryside. The movie will see Bennett as a feisty heroine who is distracted from her quest to eradicate the zombie menace by the arrival of the arrogant Mr. Darcy.
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans
- Stephen Amell and Will Arnett Joke About Making an 'Arrow' Feature Film
- Liam Hemsworth Admits His 2013 Split From Miley Cyrus 'Was Hard'
- Madonna Throws Shade at BET for Diss Over Her BBMA Tribute to Prince