Blake Lively Eyed for Lead Role in 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
Blake Lively could be starring in Craig Gillespie's "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies". According to Twitch, the director has his eyes on the Serena van der Woodsen of "Gossip Girl" for the lead role of Elizabeth Bennett. However, there have been no words if the actress has accepted the offer or not.
Before Lively, Gillespie has reportedly offered the part to several A-list actresses. Emma Stone had been eyed for the role, and so had Anne Hathaway, Scarlett Johansson and Mia Wasikowska. However, none of them said yes to the offer. Natalie Portman was also considered for the part, but she refused to take it although she serves as the producer.
"Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" is adapted from Seth Grahame-Smith's novel that combines Jane Austen's classic 1813 novel "Pride and Prejudice" with elements of modern zombie fiction. The story is set in the era when zombies roam the English countryside. The movie will see Bennett as a feisty heroine who is distracted from her quest to eradicate the zombie menace by the arrival of the arrogant Mr. Darcy.
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too