Blake Lively Eyed for Lead Role in 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
Blake Lively could be starring in Craig Gillespie's "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies". According to Twitch, the director has his eyes on the Serena van der Woodsen of "Gossip Girl" for the lead role of Elizabeth Bennett. However, there have been no words if the actress has accepted the offer or not.
Before Lively, Gillespie has reportedly offered the part to several A-list actresses. Emma Stone had been eyed for the role, and so had Anne Hathaway, Scarlett Johansson and Mia Wasikowska. However, none of them said yes to the offer. Natalie Portman was also considered for the part, but she refused to take it although she serves as the producer.
"Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" is adapted from Seth Grahame-Smith's novel that combines Jane Austen's classic 1813 novel "Pride and Prejudice" with elements of modern zombie fiction. The story is set in the era when zombies roam the English countryside. The movie will see Bennett as a feisty heroine who is distracted from her quest to eradicate the zombie menace by the arrival of the arrogant Mr. Darcy.
- Warren Beatty Is the New Steve Harvey After Oscar Best Picture Flub
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion
- Oscars 2017 Winner List: Emma Stone Wins Best Actress, 'Moonlight' Is Best Picture
- Nicki Minaj and Trey Songz Involved in Twitter Feud After Remy Ma's Diss Track
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Wins Big, Casey Affleck Is Best Actor
- Remy Ma Calls Out Nicki Minaj on New Diss Track 'ShETHER'
- Beast Is Kicked Out of Castle by Gaston in 'Beauty and the Beast' Academy Awards TV Spot
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'