Blake Lively Eyed for Lead Role in 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
Blake Lively could be starring in Craig Gillespie's "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies". According to Twitch, the director has his eyes on the Serena van der Woodsen of "Gossip Girl" for the lead role of Elizabeth Bennett. However, there have been no words if the actress has accepted the offer or not.
Before Lively, Gillespie has reportedly offered the part to several A-list actresses. Emma Stone had been eyed for the role, and so had Anne Hathaway, Scarlett Johansson and Mia Wasikowska. However, none of them said yes to the offer. Natalie Portman was also considered for the part, but she refused to take it although she serves as the producer.
"Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" is adapted from Seth Grahame-Smith's novel that combines Jane Austen's classic 1813 novel "Pride and Prejudice" with elements of modern zombie fiction. The story is set in the era when zombies roam the English countryside. The movie will see Bennett as a feisty heroine who is distracted from her quest to eradicate the zombie menace by the arrival of the arrogant Mr. Darcy.
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR
- Mariah Carey Plans to Throw More 'Subtle Shade' at Nicki Minaj
- Report: Generous George Clooney Under FBI Investigation for Money Laundering
- 'Justice League' Character Posters and Teasers Are Out, First Trailer Will Be Released Soon
- 'Twin Peaks' Revival: First Photos and Details Are Revealed
- FOX's' X-Men' Pilot 'Gifted' Unveils First BTS Photo Featuring Amy Acker
- Nicole Kidman, Steve Carell and Amy Schumer Will Star in 'She Came to Me'