Britney Asked to Apologize for Glamorizing Gun Violence in 'Criminal' Video
Britney Spears has come under fire yet again. This time around, the blonde popstar incurred the wrath of London's Hackney Council for shooting "Criminal" music video in the Hackney borough which was destroyed during the anti-government riot over the summer.
The MPs were unimpressed with the "Hold It Against Me" hitmaker because she used a gun, even if it's a fake one, in the video. In some of the pictures taken from the set, she did clutch a handgun and shot what looks like a Bonnie and Clyde-style crime spree.
"We did not agree that a replica gun could be used at Stoke Newington Town Hall and we are disappointed," the politicians in the area voiced their anger to London Tonight. "We will be raising this matter with the production company."
Talking about what Britney should do to fix the error, the council noted, "I think she should apologize and make a sizeable donation to a Hackney charity that deals with young people... for the rudeness and damage she's done to this community."
They further pointed out why it's unacceptable for a public figure like her to promote gun violence. They reasoned, "It is only a music video but it's images like this, with popstars glamorizing gangs, which means that some young people... get drawn in. Britney should really know better."
Britney hasn't responded to the protest, but she said that she was happy with the video concept when talking about it earlier this week. "It's a really cool storyline," she gushed. "It's about a girl in upper society and her life, and the way she lives her life, is totally different from the person she's in love with. It's about bringing those two totally different characters together and what happens."
"Criminal" is the fourth single from Britney's seventh studio album "Femme Fatale". Its music video will feature her real-life beau Jason Trawick. No premiere date has been announced for the clip.
More Britney Spears News
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable
- Migos Channels Inner Rock Stars in 'What the Price' Music Video
- Adele Pays Emotional Tribute to London Terror Victims During Her Concert in New Zealand
- 'The Bachelorette' Six New Suitors Strip Down During Group Date on 'Ellen Show'