'All My Children' Ends With Cliffhanger, 'The View' Pays Emotional Tribute
"All My Children" leaves a big question for fans on its last day television run. The final episode which aired Friday, September 23 ended with JR firing a gun at an unknown target at a Chandler mansion party, after Erica Kane turns down Jackson's marriage proposal, leaving people to wonder "who did JR shoot?"
On the same day, "The View" paid tribute to the show which had aired for 41 years by featuring Susan Lucci as a co-host. Later, creator Agnes Nixon, executive producer Julie Carruthers and cast members Cameron Mathison, Alicia Minshew, Rebecca Budig as well as Vincent Irizarry joined her in the studio.
They talked about their favorite moments both on- and off- camera while old footage from the long-running daytime soap opera was played in between the chat. The special tribute edition also played a montage from the final moments on the set where Carruthers delivered her farewell speech.
"This isn't a job for those of us who do it ... it's a life choice. It consumes your life in everything you do. So to do it, you have to love it, or you can't do it well," she said. Nixon then read the show's credo, "The great and the least, for rich and for poor, in tragedy and triumph, you are 'All My Children'," before they had a toast.
Fighting back tears, Lucci thanked "The View" for paying tribute to her show. "It's a very happy time, so much to be grateful for," she said.
Although "All My Children" will no longer air on ABC, the show will continue online with new episodes starting in 2012.
"The View" pays tribute to "All My Children":
"All My Children" cliffhanger:
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival