'All My Children' Ends With Cliffhanger, 'The View' Pays Emotional Tribute
"All My Children" leaves a big question for fans on its last day television run. The final episode which aired Friday, September 23 ended with JR firing a gun at an unknown target at a Chandler mansion party, after Erica Kane turns down Jackson's marriage proposal, leaving people to wonder "who did JR shoot?"
On the same day, "The View" paid tribute to the show which had aired for 41 years by featuring Susan Lucci as a co-host. Later, creator Agnes Nixon, executive producer Julie Carruthers and cast members Cameron Mathison, Alicia Minshew, Rebecca Budig as well as Vincent Irizarry joined her in the studio.
They talked about their favorite moments both on- and off- camera while old footage from the long-running daytime soap opera was played in between the chat. The special tribute edition also played a montage from the final moments on the set where Carruthers delivered her farewell speech.
"This isn't a job for those of us who do it ... it's a life choice. It consumes your life in everything you do. So to do it, you have to love it, or you can't do it well," she said. Nixon then read the show's credo, "The great and the least, for rich and for poor, in tragedy and triumph, you are 'All My Children'," before they had a toast.
Fighting back tears, Lucci thanked "The View" for paying tribute to her show. "It's a very happy time, so much to be grateful for," she said.
Although "All My Children" will no longer air on ABC, the show will continue online with new episodes starting in 2012.
"The View" pays tribute to "All My Children":
"All My Children" cliffhanger:
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap