Kim Delaney Escorted Off Stage After Delivering Slurred Speech
Kim Delaney had a rough night at a recent military event. According to the local ABC News affiliate, the actress playing Claudia Joy Holden on "Army Wives" had to be led off the stage at Philadelphia's National Constitution Center on Thursday (September 22) night after she fumbled through a speech.
The 49-year-old actress, who has a history of substance abuse, at the time took the podium at the Liberty Medal Award presentation to honor former defense secretary Robert Gates. Appearing slightly disheveled, she fidgeted, sighed and had long pauses as she attempted to read the teleprompter.
"So I've served in active duty military family for five years," Kim began her speech. "Like so many others, I've struggled with multiple deployments, supported my spouse through changes in administration, changes in station as he made difficult as a senior officer. I've seen soldiers come home with painful life altering injuries borne of their time and service."
"I've attended numerous military funerals, including that of my best friend's son," she continued her rambling before revealing later in the speech that she was referring to her role on the Lifetime television series. "For me, it's all make believe. I do that as a job. It's make believe. I have the luxury of doing all this on a television show."
A broadcast footage showed that while Kim delivered her incoherent speech, Gates looked slightly uncomfortable in his seat. The audience also sat in stunned silence and were looking at her in shocked bewilderment.
Kim was arrested on suspicion for drunken driving back in 2002. She was at the time refused a breathalyzer test. After pleading no contest, she served two years probation. She has also sought treatment for her alcohol addiction twice. Her latest rehab stint was in 2006.
video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune
- 'Alita: Battle Angel' Casts 'Nashville' Actor in Key Role
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the Outrageous Advice Donald Trump Gave Him When They First Met
- Is Brad Pitt the Real Reason Selena Gomez Checks Into Rehab?
- Listen to Major Lazer and Showtek's New Collab 'Believer'
- Angelina Jolie Eyed for War Drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Archer' Creator Plans Show's Ending After Season 10
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick