Michael Jackson Tribute Concert Adds Black Eyed Peas and Jennifer Hudson
Two more high-profile acts have been added to the star-studded line-up of the Michael Jackson tribute concert. The latest ones who were recently tapped to salute the late King of Pop at the upcoming gig are R&B quartet Black Eyed Peas and "American Idol" alum Jennifer Hudson.
One of BEP's members will.i.am said of their involvement at the gig, "This show is going to be an incredibly personal and moving evening for me. Remember that Michael's music, [is] great, great songs, [that] have been an inspiration to my whole life and certainly formed the soundtrack to my childhood."
The rapper who voices Moto Moto in "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa" added, "When I was a little kid of six or seven growing up in Los Angeles, there was Michael recording 'Thriller', and all his early hits, just a few miles away across town - obviously I didn't know him at that time, but I loved him as a fan."
The long-delayed tribute concert is going to be held at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales, on October 8. Christina Aguilera, Cee-Lo Green, Leona Lewis, Smokey Robinson, Craig David, JLS, Alien Ant Farm, Ne-Yo and T3 are confirmed to make live performances.
Beyonce Knowles will also take part at the remembrance event reportedly by recording a "unique, never before seen performance" that will be played at the gig. Jamie Foxx will serve as a host and is expected to sing as well. KISS were intially set to perform, but they were axed due to fans' complaints over Gene Simmons' degrading statement toward MJ.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby