Michael Jackson Tribute Concert Adds Black Eyed Peas and Jennifer Hudson
Two more high-profile acts have been added to the star-studded line-up of the Michael Jackson tribute concert. The latest ones who were recently tapped to salute the late King of Pop at the upcoming gig are R&B quartet Black Eyed Peas and "American Idol" alum Jennifer Hudson.
One of BEP's members will.i.am said of their involvement at the gig, "This show is going to be an incredibly personal and moving evening for me. Remember that Michael's music, [is] great, great songs, [that] have been an inspiration to my whole life and certainly formed the soundtrack to my childhood."
The rapper who voices Moto Moto in "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa" added, "When I was a little kid of six or seven growing up in Los Angeles, there was Michael recording 'Thriller', and all his early hits, just a few miles away across town - obviously I didn't know him at that time, but I loved him as a fan."
The long-delayed tribute concert is going to be held at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales, on October 8. Christina Aguilera, Cee-Lo Green, Leona Lewis, Smokey Robinson, Craig David, JLS, Alien Ant Farm, Ne-Yo and T3 are confirmed to make live performances.
Beyonce Knowles will also take part at the remembrance event reportedly by recording a "unique, never before seen performance" that will be played at the gig. Jamie Foxx will serve as a host and is expected to sing as well. KISS were intially set to perform, but they were axed due to fans' complaints over Gene Simmons' degrading statement toward MJ.
More Michael Jackson News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal