Ed Helms Dishes on Andy's New Position on 'The Office'
The burning question about Michael Scott's successor has been answered in the season 8 premiere of "The Office". James Spader's Robert California took the position for a short time before he was promoted to be a CEO of Sabre, and Andy Bernard becomes the new manager of Dunder Mifflin Scranton branch.
Speaking of what kind of boss he is, Ed Helms who plays Andy says he is "a boss who is terrified of being a boss." The Stu Price of "The Hangover" further details, "He is making an overt attempt to step up his game. ... [He] is also feeling a hell of a lot of pressure and anxiety."
Helms teases there "is a lot of fun to watch unfold, especially when juxtaposed with James Spader's fabulous Robert California." He adds, "In some ways, Michael Scott really believed he was a great manager. Andy's not quite there yet."
Asked by TVLine about how Andy's new position will affect his relationship with Erin, the 37-year-old actor/comedian explains, "Erin and Andy are basically two weirdoes who are attracted to each other, but incapable of understanding each other. Add to that a boss-employee dynamic and their awkwardness pretty much goes nuclear, especially around Halloween."
More The Office News
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?