Ed Helms Dishes on Andy's New Position on 'The Office'
The burning question about Michael Scott's successor has been answered in the season 8 premiere of "The Office". James Spader's Robert California took the position for a short time before he was promoted to be a CEO of Sabre, and Andy Bernard becomes the new manager of Dunder Mifflin Scranton branch.
Speaking of what kind of boss he is, Ed Helms who plays Andy says he is "a boss who is terrified of being a boss." The Stu Price of "The Hangover" further details, "He is making an overt attempt to step up his game. ... [He] is also feeling a hell of a lot of pressure and anxiety."
Helms teases there "is a lot of fun to watch unfold, especially when juxtaposed with James Spader's fabulous Robert California." He adds, "In some ways, Michael Scott really believed he was a great manager. Andy's not quite there yet."
Asked by TVLine about how Andy's new position will affect his relationship with Erin, the 37-year-old actor/comedian explains, "Erin and Andy are basically two weirdoes who are attracted to each other, but incapable of understanding each other. Add to that a boss-employee dynamic and their awkwardness pretty much goes nuclear, especially around Halloween."
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!