Robert Downey Jr. Becomes Old Chinese Man on 'Sherlock Holmes 2' Set
After being seen in drag, Robert Downey Jr. is snapped looking like an old Chinese man on the set of "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows". On Thursday afternoon, September 22, the leading man of the sequel movie was seen filming some scenes in Greenwich's Old Royal Naval College, London.
For the particular day of shooting, RDJ was seen rocking a traditional Chinese robe complete with a long braided ponytail and elaborate facial hair as a disguise during an investigation at an Asian marketplace. In between takes, the husband of Susan Downey was spotted chatting with director Guy Ritchie.
Also caught on camera on the location was Rachel McAdams. The actress who reprises her role as Irene Adler was dressed elegantly in a blue corset dress. Though sporting a serious look while shooting her scene, she was at some points seen sharing laughs with RDJ.
"A Game of Shadows" centers on the quirky-mannered detective as he continues his pursuit of Professor Moriarty, whom he suspects to be the world's number one supervillain. In his attempt to solve the case, he is supported by his long trusted comrade Dr. Watson, and gets help from his older brother Mycroft Holmes and a gypsy woman named Sim.
Jude Law reprises his role as Watson, while Jared Harris, Noomi Rapace and Stephen Fry are cast to play Moriarty, Sim and Mycroft respectively. The sequel to 2009's "Sherlock Holmes" is set for a December 16 release in the United States.
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce