Katy Perry Wears Carmen Miranda Mask in Brazil for Rock in Rio Fest
Katy Perry was not looking like herself literally when she arrived in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil earlier on Thursday, September 22. She was in town to serve as one of the musical guests at the upcoming Rock in Rio festival, and turned heads when she touched down the airport wearing a mask.
Unlike any other ball masks, this piece is a picture of legendary samba singer and Hollywood actress Carmen Miranda complete with her signature fruit-laden headband. Wearing a sleeveless, mini polkadot dress, she was accompanied by a female friend who wore a similar mask.
Later in the day, Katy did a rehearsal for her live performance on the first day of the music festivity. She took off her mask and traded it with dark shades to hide her eyes. She will open the gig on Friday, September 23, and share a headlining bill with her senior Elton John and her best friend Rihanna.
The other big performers who will also make merry the Rock in Rio festival include Stevie Wonder, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, Guns N' Roses, Coldplay, Shakira and Jamiroquai.
More Katy Perry News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism