Katy Perry Wears Carmen Miranda Mask in Brazil for Rock in Rio Fest
Katy Perry was not looking like herself literally when she arrived in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil earlier on Thursday, September 22. She was in town to serve as one of the musical guests at the upcoming Rock in Rio festival, and turned heads when she touched down the airport wearing a mask.
Unlike any other ball masks, this piece is a picture of legendary samba singer and Hollywood actress Carmen Miranda complete with her signature fruit-laden headband. Wearing a sleeveless, mini polkadot dress, she was accompanied by a female friend who wore a similar mask.
Later in the day, Katy did a rehearsal for her live performance on the first day of the music festivity. She took off her mask and traded it with dark shades to hide her eyes. She will open the gig on Friday, September 23, and share a headlining bill with her senior Elton John and her best friend Rihanna.
The other big performers who will also make merry the Rock in Rio festival include Stevie Wonder, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, Guns N' Roses, Coldplay, Shakira and Jamiroquai.
More Katy Perry News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart