Katy Perry Wears Carmen Miranda Mask in Brazil for Rock in Rio Fest
Katy Perry was not looking like herself literally when she arrived in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil earlier on Thursday, September 22. She was in town to serve as one of the musical guests at the upcoming Rock in Rio festival, and turned heads when she touched down the airport wearing a mask.
Unlike any other ball masks, this piece is a picture of legendary samba singer and Hollywood actress Carmen Miranda complete with her signature fruit-laden headband. Wearing a sleeveless, mini polkadot dress, she was accompanied by a female friend who wore a similar mask.
Later in the day, Katy did a rehearsal for her live performance on the first day of the music festivity. She took off her mask and traded it with dark shades to hide her eyes. She will open the gig on Friday, September 23, and share a headlining bill with her senior Elton John and her best friend Rihanna.
The other big performers who will also make merry the Rock in Rio festival include Stevie Wonder, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, Guns N' Roses, Coldplay, Shakira and Jamiroquai.
More Katy Perry News
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video