Naked Pictures of Scarlett Johansson to Be Turned Into Street Arts
After naked photos of hers made their rounds online, Scarlett Johansson issued legal threat against a number of websites to refrain them from publishing the revealing pictures. The cease and desist letter, however, didn't seem to discourage an artist from planning to plaster the images in the streets in the name of art.
E! News reported that the artist, who works under the name XVALA, has confirmed his plans in using the nude pictures in a series of street art installments. It is understood that the actress' private parts are covered using strategically placed stickers, and the art has been put up outside a vacant Hollywood Video store in Los Angeles.
It also seemed that XVALA isn't worried about taking matters to court. His spokesperson Cory Allen told E! that they are prepared for legal fight. The rep added, "I've received a cease and desist letter, but they're never acted on when it's claimed as an art piece. There are a lot of hacked photos out there."
On the legal fight that might arise, attorney Jason Feldman of Feldman & Wallach said, "The law in the United States leans toward free speech and artistic freedom." While noting that the fact that the images are stolen "does complicate the matter", he added, "It would depend on how much the photo is altered and how much a reasonable person would feel her privacy was invaded."
In another news, rumors of Scarlett hooking up with actor Kieran Culkin have been debunked. One source told Us Weekly that the "Iron Man 2" beauty "has never hooked up with Kieran," and that she and the "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World" actor are "just old friends who went to high school together."
Scarlett and Kieran were linked romantically together after the two were photographed strolling in Paris on September 12. Five days later, the 26-year-old actress and the 28-year-old actor once again strolled arm-in-arm. This time around, they were seen together outside Manhattan lounge Cabin Down Below.
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO