Marvel President Hints Plot for 'Thor 2' Will Explore Other World
While Chris Hemsworth is currently still busy filming "The Avengers", Marvel Studios has already planned a storyline for him in "Thor 2". Kevin Feige, the president of the company, has unveiled to Entertainment Weekly that the sequel would "take Thor literally to other world."
Furthermore, Feige revealed that plot for "Thor 2" will "primarily be the journey of that character, of he and Jane Foster and how the new dynamic with his father (Odin) is working out as well as what are the broader stakes for The Nine Worlds."
Although the plot has already been skedded, the project is still seeking for a director to replace the original "Thor" helmer, Kenneth Branagh. Words are, Patty Jenkins who directed Charlize Theron in 2003's "Monster" is in early talks to helm the sequel. However, there was no official confirmation from Marvel about Jenkins' involvement.
Beside Jenkins, other filmmakers who have reportedly been eyed for the project were "The Cabin in the Woods" director Drew Goddard, "Ninja Assassin" helmer James McTeigue, "300: Battle of Artemisia" filmmaker Noam Murro, and "The Crazies" director Breck Eisner. Brian Kirk, who directs HBO's "Game of Thrones" had been the front runner for the sequel, but he left it to do another project.
Scheduled for a July 26, 2013 release in the U.S., "Thor 2" will bring back Hemsworth, Natalie Portman and Anthony Hopkins to reprise their roles as Thor, Foster and Odin respectively. Don Payne also returns to pen the screenplay.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign