Marvel President Hints Plot for 'Thor 2' Will Explore Other World
While Chris Hemsworth is currently still busy filming "The Avengers", Marvel Studios has already planned a storyline for him in "Thor 2". Kevin Feige, the president of the company, has unveiled to Entertainment Weekly that the sequel would "take Thor literally to other world."
Furthermore, Feige revealed that plot for "Thor 2" will "primarily be the journey of that character, of he and Jane Foster and how the new dynamic with his father (Odin) is working out as well as what are the broader stakes for The Nine Worlds."
Although the plot has already been skedded, the project is still seeking for a director to replace the original "Thor" helmer, Kenneth Branagh. Words are, Patty Jenkins who directed Charlize Theron in 2003's "Monster" is in early talks to helm the sequel. However, there was no official confirmation from Marvel about Jenkins' involvement.
Beside Jenkins, other filmmakers who have reportedly been eyed for the project were "The Cabin in the Woods" director Drew Goddard, "Ninja Assassin" helmer James McTeigue, "300: Battle of Artemisia" filmmaker Noam Murro, and "The Crazies" director Breck Eisner. Brian Kirk, who directs HBO's "Game of Thrones" had been the front runner for the sequel, but he left it to do another project.
Scheduled for a July 26, 2013 release in the U.S., "Thor 2" will bring back Hemsworth, Natalie Portman and Anthony Hopkins to reprise their roles as Thor, Foster and Odin respectively. Don Payne also returns to pen the screenplay.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture