Katie Holmes Is Slutty Pumpkin on 'How I Met Your Mother'
The Slutty Pumpkin on "How I Met Your Mother" is officially unmasked. CBS has confirmed that Katie Holmes is cast on the role of the woman whom Ted met at a Halloween party wearing a pumpkin costume with strategically placed holes in the first season of the show.
Ted lost touch with her after Lily accidentally tossed her phone number, so Ted went to the same party over years in hope to see her again. Ted, however, has not had a chance to have another encounter with her until this seventh season, in an upcoming special Halloween episode.
Speaking of Holmes casting for the role, creator Craig Thomas told New York Magazine's Vulture, "Katie is a lovely and talented actress, which is why we've saved for her perhaps the most classily named character in our show's history." He added that the role was "literally six seasons in the making."
Holmes last appeared on a weekly TV series as recurring character Grace on ABC's "Eli Stone" in 2008. The 32-year-old wife of Tom Cruise, however, recently graced small screen through miniseries "The Kennedys" in which she takes the role of Jackie Kennedy.
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending