Katie Holmes Is Slutty Pumpkin on 'How I Met Your Mother'
The Slutty Pumpkin on "How I Met Your Mother" is officially unmasked. CBS has confirmed that Katie Holmes is cast on the role of the woman whom Ted met at a Halloween party wearing a pumpkin costume with strategically placed holes in the first season of the show.
Ted lost touch with her after Lily accidentally tossed her phone number, so Ted went to the same party over years in hope to see her again. Ted, however, has not had a chance to have another encounter with her until this seventh season, in an upcoming special Halloween episode.
Speaking of Holmes casting for the role, creator Craig Thomas told New York Magazine's Vulture, "Katie is a lovely and talented actress, which is why we've saved for her perhaps the most classily named character in our show's history." He added that the role was "literally six seasons in the making."
Holmes last appeared on a weekly TV series as recurring character Grace on ABC's "Eli Stone" in 2008. The 32-year-old wife of Tom Cruise, however, recently graced small screen through miniseries "The Kennedys" in which she takes the role of Jackie Kennedy.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy