Katie Holmes Is Slutty Pumpkin on 'How I Met Your Mother'
The Slutty Pumpkin on "How I Met Your Mother" is officially unmasked. CBS has confirmed that Katie Holmes is cast on the role of the woman whom Ted met at a Halloween party wearing a pumpkin costume with strategically placed holes in the first season of the show.
Ted lost touch with her after Lily accidentally tossed her phone number, so Ted went to the same party over years in hope to see her again. Ted, however, has not had a chance to have another encounter with her until this seventh season, in an upcoming special Halloween episode.
Speaking of Holmes casting for the role, creator Craig Thomas told New York Magazine's Vulture, "Katie is a lovely and talented actress, which is why we've saved for her perhaps the most classily named character in our show's history." He added that the role was "literally six seasons in the making."
Holmes last appeared on a weekly TV series as recurring character Grace on ABC's "Eli Stone" in 2008. The 32-year-old wife of Tom Cruise, however, recently graced small screen through miniseries "The Kennedys" in which she takes the role of Jackie Kennedy.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce