Beyonce Knowles Talks Inspiration Behind Pregnancy Revelation at MTV VMAs
Beyonce Knowles has revealed how she came up with the idea to announce her pregnancy at this year's MTV Video Music Awards, which was held in August. Speaking to Jill Martin of Access Hollywood, the "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" hitmaker spilled, "You know, I dreamt it, actually."
"There were so many rumors about me being pregnant every three months for the past couple of years - I thought the best way and classiest way was to just show it," the 30-year-old singer explained further. "And my husband and I have been together for 10 years, so I guess people felt a part of it and it makes me feel really good."
The downside of her big reveal at the end of her VMAs performance was that she couldn't see, in real life, her husband Jay-Z jumping and cheering in celebration along with fellow rapper Kanye West. Though so, she "did see it on a bunch of TV specials," adding, "You couldn't escape it, so it was nice!"
Beyonce has been kept busy with the promotional efforts of her new fragrance, Pulse. On Wednesday, September 21, she attended the scent's launch party at the Dream Downtown's Penthouse in New York City. The next day, she stepped out in the Big Apple once again, looking stunning during an appearance at Macy's Herald Square.
Out to promote her third perfume, the "Run the World (Girls)" singer arrived in a midnight-black truck with tinted windows. Rocking the black carpet, she wore Lanvin's floor-length, off-white silk crepe halter dress with a feathered hemline. The Grammy winner finished off her look with a pair of cream lace Nicholas Kirkwood sandals.
Of the new scent, Queen Bey said, "[The perfume] was inspired by Sasha Fierce. I wanted to bring something that's inside every woman to make her feel confident and feel like she can have all of the men." She added, "I'm really proud of it. I wanted to make sure it was something that brought out a women's sensuality and something electric."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Henry Cavill's Mustache Will Be Digitally Removed From 'Justice League' Reshoots
- Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee Slam Venezuelan President for Using 'Despacito' as Political Propaganda
- Makeup-Free Kesha Shows Her Freckles in New Selfie
- Birdman Fires Back After Tyga Claims Cash Money Owes Him $12 Million
- Kevin Hart Considers Renewing Wedding Vows to Eniko Parrish Amid Cheating Rumors
- Netflix Debuts Teaser Trailer for New Margaret Atwood Adaptation, 'Alias Grace'
- Joshep Duggar Shares Romantic Engagement Photos With Fiancee Kendra Caldwell
- Daniel Craig Confirmed to Return for Bond 25, Release Date Announced