Johnny Depp in First Official Cast Photo of Tim Burton's 'Dark Shadows'
First official photo of Tim Burton's supernatural drama "Dark Shadows" has arrived. Presented by Entertainment Weekly, the image features Johnny Depp's Barnabas Collins standing tall in the middle other cast members in a Gothic chamber.
Burton explained that the cast picture is actually inspired by the original image of ABC's 1960s soap opera of the same title. "I remember seeing a group photograph of the cast of the original series. For me it captured the weird 'Dark Shadows' vibe in a single image," he said.
"I had a brief window of opportunity to have our cast present at the same time, the day before principle photography began," Burton added. "We decided to stage similar picture instead of rehearsing, to see if we captured the 'Dark Shadows' feeling."
Meanwhile, Depp shared that he was a big fan of the original opera soap back then when he was at school. He said, "I do remember, very vividly, practically, sprinting home from school in the afternoon to see Jonathan Frid play Barnabas Collins. Even then, at that age, I knew this has got to be weird."
Set to open in U.S. theaters on May 11, 2012, "Dark Shadows" centers on the life of vampire Collins and his run-ins with various monsters, witches, werewolves and ghosts. As seen in the cast image from left to right, Depp was joined by Helena Bonham Carter, Chloe Moretz, Eva Green, Gulliver McGrath, Bella Heathcote, Ray Shirley, Jackie Earle Haley, Jonny Lee Miller and Michelle Pfeiffer.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby