'Bond 23' Screenwriter Hints the Return of Old Supervillain Blofeld
While official plot details for "Bond 23" are still kept a secret, screenwriter John Logan has hinted who is going to be the villain in the latest 007 movie. According to What Culture!, Logan revealed that Ernst Stavro Blofeld, a very iconic enemy of James Bond, might appear for the first time in the Daniel Craig series. The screenwriter spilled the beans while attending the BAFTA Screenwriters lecture on Tuesday, September 20.
During the event, Logan replied an audience member's question of a quote he said ten years ago about Bond's oldest nemesis. Giving a wry smile to the audience, he noted, "Bond should always fight Blofeld." However, the scribe refused to spill any further details about it.
The last time Blofeld showed up in Bond movie was in 1983's "Never Say Never Again", and he was portrayed by Max von Sydow. It has recently been rumored that the genius supervillain will be featured in the upcoming movie, and Martin Sheen was reportedly in talks for the role. However, Sheen himself slammed the issue, saying that his involvement was "absolutely not true."
Directed by Sam Mendes, "Bond 23" is expected to open in U.S. theaters on November 9, 2012. The new installment of the spy action film series is currently still in early phase of production, but it has been rumored that the film could be titled "Carte Blanche".
- Taylor Kinney Already Moves on After Lady GaGa Split. Who's His New Girlfriend?
- What Breakup? Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Are 'Still Together' Despite Split Rumors
- We'll Miss You, Toby! 'Pretty Little Liars' Star and Creator Say Goodbye to Keegan Allen
- Ciara Is Pregnant With Russell Wilson's Baby. See the Sweet Announcement
- Perrie Edwards Splits From Luke Pasqualino After Two Months of Dating
- Shawn Levy to Direct Sony's 'Uncharted' Movie
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says