Kirstie Alley Looking to Be Madly in Love After Losing 100 Lbs
Kirstie Alley is ready for love again. Having dropped a whopping 100 pounds and proudly flaunted slimmer figure on the runway at New York Fashion Week, the Rebecca Howe of "Cheers" opened up in a recent interview with PEOPLE that she is "looking for is to be madly, deeply in love."
The 60-year-old actress confessed before losing the weight, she was not confident in the bedroom. "I didn't like the way I looked," she said, "and I didn't want to have fat sex." She now embraces her size 6, and added, "For the first time in my life, I know exactly what I want in a man. I want someone who has my back, who is courageous and brave."
The former "Dancing with the Stars" contestant once topped the scales at 228 pounds. During the chat taking place in a villa outside Florence, Italy, she remembered that her body "had gotten really weak" at the time. She went on to note that "there was nothing positive about being fat."
On clearing the 100 lbs weight-loss mark this past summer, Kirstie recalled, "When I hit that mark, I went, 'That's it!' I have more energy than I've ever had in my whole life." The actress, who turned her life around by changing to an organic diet and following her own weight-loss program, further shared, "I feel back to normal. I have my game again."
Kirstie was recently left fuming by The National Enquirer's speculation that gastric bypass surgery or an eating disorder may have something to do with her weight loss. "Soo.. heard that the Enquirer is running with a story that Im bulemic [sic]...lol..JEEZ!!! "sources" JEEZ.. never hurled a meal in my life..JEEZ," so she wrote on Twitter.
The actress followed the tweet with a lawsuit threat by posting, "Im REALLY commited [sic] and strong willed...If I was bulemic [sic] I can assure U I would be a size zero... I smell a big ole lawsuit.. do U??" She then tweeted, "This story will not run in UK.. just watch.. in UK the source must be REAL and named....Enquirer, Im coming for u this time..get ready!!"
Most recently, Kirstie took to Twitter once again to thank her Twitter followers for their supportive postings. "Thank u for all your SWEET comments," she tweeted. "NO surgery, NO flippin lasers, NO barfing, NO starving...Jeez ...my products, organic food, dance. end."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding