Charlie Sheen's 'Anger Management' Officially Nabs 'Drew Carey Show' Creator
Bruce Helford will help Charlie Sheen build his way back onto series television. Deadline reported that "The Drew Carey Show" creator has sealed his deal with Lionsgate TV to serve as a writer, executive producer and showrunner for the actor's new sitcom "Anger Management".
Helford, who also created successful sitcom "George Lopez", was one of several veteran showrunners who were eyed to nurture "Anger Management". With him being on board, it is expected that Lionsgate and its subsidiary Debmar-Mercury will shop the project to potential buyers next week.
"Anger Management" is based on the 2003 hit comedy film of the same name. It follows Adam Sandler as a mild-mannered, non-confrontational man who is ordered to attend group anger management sessions led by a therapist who could probably use some anger management himself.
Sheen himself recently drew a big rating for Comedy Central with a roast of him. The 46-year-old was additionally reported close to settle a multi-million dollar lawsuit with his former "Two and a Half Men" bosses over his firing.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby