Charlie Sheen's 'Anger Management' Officially Nabs 'Drew Carey Show' Creator
Bruce Helford will help Charlie Sheen build his way back onto series television. Deadline reported that "The Drew Carey Show" creator has sealed his deal with Lionsgate TV to serve as a writer, executive producer and showrunner for the actor's new sitcom "Anger Management".
Helford, who also created successful sitcom "George Lopez", was one of several veteran showrunners who were eyed to nurture "Anger Management". With him being on board, it is expected that Lionsgate and its subsidiary Debmar-Mercury will shop the project to potential buyers next week.
"Anger Management" is based on the 2003 hit comedy film of the same name. It follows Adam Sandler as a mild-mannered, non-confrontational man who is ordered to attend group anger management sessions led by a therapist who could probably use some anger management himself.
Sheen himself recently drew a big rating for Comedy Central with a roast of him. The 46-year-old was additionally reported close to settle a multi-million dollar lawsuit with his former "Two and a Half Men" bosses over his firing.
- Khloe Kardashian Will Stop Scott Disick From Ruining Kourtney's Life
- Kim Kardashian Says Kanye West, Not Monica Rose, Was Responsible for Her Style Transformation
- 'Gotham': Get First Glimpse of Ra's Al Ghul in Season 3 Finale Preview
- Ivanka Trump Gets Blasted for Insensitive 'Champagne Popsicle' Tweet on Memorial Day
- Leonardo DiCaprio Spotted With Leggy Models in Monaco
- 2 Chainz Reveals 'Pretty Girls Like Trap Music' Track List, Shares New Song '4 AM' Ft. Travis Scott
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig