Charlie Sheen's 'Anger Management' Officially Nabs 'Drew Carey Show' Creator
Bruce Helford will help Charlie Sheen build his way back onto series television. Deadline reported that "The Drew Carey Show" creator has sealed his deal with Lionsgate TV to serve as a writer, executive producer and showrunner for the actor's new sitcom "Anger Management".
Helford, who also created successful sitcom "George Lopez", was one of several veteran showrunners who were eyed to nurture "Anger Management". With him being on board, it is expected that Lionsgate and its subsidiary Debmar-Mercury will shop the project to potential buyers next week.
"Anger Management" is based on the 2003 hit comedy film of the same name. It follows Adam Sandler as a mild-mannered, non-confrontational man who is ordered to attend group anger management sessions led by a therapist who could probably use some anger management himself.
Sheen himself recently drew a big rating for Comedy Central with a roast of him. The 46-year-old was additionally reported close to settle a multi-million dollar lawsuit with his former "Two and a Half Men" bosses over his firing.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7