Charlie Sheen's 'Anger Management' Officially Nabs 'Drew Carey Show' Creator
Bruce Helford will help Charlie Sheen build his way back onto series television. Deadline reported that "The Drew Carey Show" creator has sealed his deal with Lionsgate TV to serve as a writer, executive producer and showrunner for the actor's new sitcom "Anger Management".
Helford, who also created successful sitcom "George Lopez", was one of several veteran showrunners who were eyed to nurture "Anger Management". With him being on board, it is expected that Lionsgate and its subsidiary Debmar-Mercury will shop the project to potential buyers next week.
"Anger Management" is based on the 2003 hit comedy film of the same name. It follows Adam Sandler as a mild-mannered, non-confrontational man who is ordered to attend group anger management sessions led by a therapist who could probably use some anger management himself.
Sheen himself recently drew a big rating for Comedy Central with a roast of him. The 46-year-old was additionally reported close to settle a multi-million dollar lawsuit with his former "Two and a Half Men" bosses over his firing.
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC
- Watch Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Shed Tears in 'Wolves' Music Video
- Amber Rose Reveals Wiz Khalifa Puts His Sperm on Her Face While They're Having Sex
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring