Charlie Sheen's 'Anger Management' Officially Nabs 'Drew Carey Show' Creator
Bruce Helford will help Charlie Sheen build his way back onto series television. Deadline reported that "The Drew Carey Show" creator has sealed his deal with Lionsgate TV to serve as a writer, executive producer and showrunner for the actor's new sitcom "Anger Management".
Helford, who also created successful sitcom "George Lopez", was one of several veteran showrunners who were eyed to nurture "Anger Management". With him being on board, it is expected that Lionsgate and its subsidiary Debmar-Mercury will shop the project to potential buyers next week.
"Anger Management" is based on the 2003 hit comedy film of the same name. It follows Adam Sandler as a mild-mannered, non-confrontational man who is ordered to attend group anger management sessions led by a therapist who could probably use some anger management himself.
Sheen himself recently drew a big rating for Comedy Central with a roast of him. The 46-year-old was additionally reported close to settle a multi-million dollar lawsuit with his former "Two and a Half Men" bosses over his firing.
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof