'New Girl' Has Strong Debut as 'Glee' Slips
It seems that people at home are more interested in something fresh. FOX's new show "New Girl" made an impressive performance on its debut night with 10.1 million total viewers (4.8 rating) tuning in the episode which aired on Tuesday, September 20 while its lead-in, popular series "Glee", only drew 8.7 million viewers (3.8 rating).
"New Girl" total audience was up 36% compared to the one garnered by the premiere of "Raising Hope" in September 2010 which was led by the "Glee" second season opener. Its rating in demo also showed a 55% bump, marking the highest-rated fall sitcom debut in a decade for FOX.
On the other hand, "Glee" dropped 30% in both total viewers and demo from last season's premiere. Offering an explanation to this, Senior VP Research at Horizon Media, Brad Adgate, said, "A lackluster storyline last season may have played a part [in the premiere ratings]."
Enjoying an overall good night on Tuesday was CBS with the season premiere of "NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" (19.5 million, 4.2) and "NCIS: Los Angeles" (16.7 mil, 3.6) which both showed increase in ratings. Its newbie "Unforgettable" also had a strong debut with 14 million viewers and 2.9 rating.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl