Mel Gibson Sued for Trying to Run Over a Man
A man is trying to cash in on Mel Gibson's violent reputation by claiming the actor has tried to kill him with a car. Nader Sharif had once tried to fork out money out of Gibson in June, filing a lawsuit in which he claimed Gibson swindled him out of $200,00 for a recyclable rubber company investment. Sharif is filing a second lawsuit.
This time, Sharif said he ran into the actor at a Costa Rican bakery and Gibson got violent, calling him "vile and offensive names". Gibson allegedly threatened Sharif to leave town before storming out of the bakery and entering his car.
Sharif said he followed the star outside but Gibson "accelerated the car to a high rate of speed" and aimed the car at him while flashing the middle finger. Sharif said he managed to jumped out of the way and saved himself.
This should be an easy case for Gibson because many witnesses would testify against Sharif. One witness told TMZ that Gibson was in the bakery to enjoy pastry and coffee when Sharif confronted him. Gibson asked Sharif to leave but the man would not budge. Gibson then left the store and, unlike Sharif's story, drove away without aiming the car at anybody.
More Mel Gibson News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered