Jackie Chan Goes All Out for Chinese Epic War in First '1911' Trailer
Jackie Chan's epic "1911" finally gets its first trailer available for viewing pleasure. Making its way out via Apple, the video sees a remarkable cinematography of a heroic war at the beginning of the 20th century in China. Chan is seen dodging explosion in the war field and at one point looking sad and weeping while wearing a soldier uniform.
"1911" is set at the time when China is in the state of crisis. The country was parted into warring factions, while the citizens were starving and the political reforms were making the situation even worse. The ruling Qing Dynasty, meanwhile, is completely out of touch after 250 years of unquestioned power.
With ordinary citizens beginning to revolt openly, the Qing Dynasty has created a powerful, modern army, called "New Army", to quash any rebellion. But weapons are expensive, and desperate for cash, the Qing leaders are trading anything they can get their hands on with foreign countries... and selling the country.
Chan also serves behind the lens along with Zhang Li and produces the film. The film has wrapped its production last March and will be released in limited U.S. theaters on October 7 before being screened at the Tokyo International Film Festival on October 22.
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017
- Amber Heard Claims Police Lie About Finding No Evidence to Protect Johnny Depp
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'