Michaele Salahi on Neal Schon Affair: I Just Walked Away From Everything
Michaele Salahi and Neal Schon have finally broken their silence over their much publicized affair. In an interview with The Daily Beast, the former star on "The Real Housewives of D.C." admitted that she "just walked away from everything" to be with the Journey guitarist.
It has been revealed that Michaele had dated both Schon and Salahi in the '90s. Still, the 46-year-old decided to choose estranged husband Tareq Salahi over Neal because of her multiple sclerosis. "I chose Tareq over Neal because I thought life would be less stressful living on a vineyard in Virginia," she explained. "Life on the road with a rock band ... well, I thought I might not have been able to keep up."
Despite the decision, Michaele still had feelings for Neal and had been communicating with him secretly via text "for a while". "Neal was like, 'Are we going to do this forever?' And I said, 'No, we're not,' " she recalled. "I began to see he really loved me. I had to begin to feel it completely - in my soul."
It wasn't until a Journey concert in Virginia on September 4, however, that Michaele took off her wedding ring. "What happened was ... she takes off her wedding ring, OK, right in front of Tareq - takes it off," Neal recalled. "And then she proceeds to come into my dressing room where I'm sitting down. I have tennis shoes on and she's, like, nine feet tall over me."
"And she looks down at me like she's standing on stilts and says, 'I love YOU. And, that's never gonna change,' " shared the 57-year-old rocker further. "And when that happened I said, 'Get over here! This has taken 15 years!' " Though so, Michaele claimed she didn't immediately hop on the bus with Neal to save Tareq from humiliation.
Days afterward, Neal wrote to Michaele to tell her that he doesn't want to wait anymore, and she agreed. "I was going crazy," explained Michaele. "Because when you want to be with someone that bad, you start to go crazy. He sent someone to come get me. I got on a plane by myself and I just went. I just walked away from everything."
In the interview published on Monday, September 19, Neal described their extra-marital romance as a fairy tale. "It's like a fairy tale. It is, it really is," he gushed. "I'm very happy, very happy after waiting for her for 15 years. Now I want to get beyond all this media hype that Tareq has put out there. It's really quite embarrassing."
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video