Charlie Sheen Roast Sets Rating Record for Comedy Central
While his former sitcom "Two and a Half Men" broke rating record on CBS with its new season premiere, Charlie Sheen also set a new record for Comedy Central with his roast. The Monday (September 19) show, which was filled with jokes about his troubled past, drew 6.4 million viewers, making it the most-watched roast ever for the network.
It surpassed previous record holder, Jeff Foxworthy roast in 2005, which was watched by 6.2 million viewers. The number is also roughly double the audience of previous roasts for the likes of David Hasselhoff and Donald Trump.
Sheen's former sitcom "Two and a Half Men", meanwhile, drew around 27.2 million viewers and a 10.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with its season 9 premiere on the same day. The Charlie Harper depicter himself was watching the show which introduces Ashton Kutcher as its new lead.
More Charlie Sheen News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie