Charlie Sheen Roast Sets Rating Record for Comedy Central
While his former sitcom "Two and a Half Men" broke rating record on CBS with its new season premiere, Charlie Sheen also set a new record for Comedy Central with his roast. The Monday (September 19) show, which was filled with jokes about his troubled past, drew 6.4 million viewers, making it the most-watched roast ever for the network.
It surpassed previous record holder, Jeff Foxworthy roast in 2005, which was watched by 6.2 million viewers. The number is also roughly double the audience of previous roasts for the likes of David Hasselhoff and Donald Trump.
Sheen's former sitcom "Two and a Half Men", meanwhile, drew around 27.2 million viewers and a 10.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with its season 9 premiere on the same day. The Charlie Harper depicter himself was watching the show which introduces Ashton Kutcher as its new lead.
More Charlie Sheen News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding