Ashton Kutcher's Debut on 'Two and a Half Men' Broke Record
Either people are curious of how Ashton Kutcher would top up Charlie Sheen or how Charlie Harper is killed on "Two and a Half Men". Around 27.2 million viewers tuned in to the sitcom's ninth season premiere on Monday, September 19, Nielsen noted. It also posted a 10.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic.
The numbers are extremely good because any other episode in the first eight seasons when Sheen was the star could not top it up. The sitcom's previous best came in May 2005 following the final episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond". Additionally, it is rarely seen for a scripted show these days to generate such big audience.
The big numbers benefited its follow-up, a new comedy called "2 Broke Girls". The Kat Dennings -starring show took a 7 rating in adults 18-49 demographic. Meanwhile, ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" drew in 18.8 million viewers, which is 12 percent less than last season's premiere.
CBS officially is the lead runner in the opening night of the 2011-12 season. For the night, the network was first in adults 25-54 (6.8/15), adults 18-49 (5.7/14), adults 18-34 (4.3/12), second in both households (9.5/14) and viewers (15.73m).
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!