Ashton Kutcher's Debut on 'Two and a Half Men' Broke Record
Either people are curious of how Ashton Kutcher would top up Charlie Sheen or how Charlie Harper is killed on "Two and a Half Men". Around 27.2 million viewers tuned in to the sitcom's ninth season premiere on Monday, September 19, Nielsen noted. It also posted a 10.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic.
The numbers are extremely good because any other episode in the first eight seasons when Sheen was the star could not top it up. The sitcom's previous best came in May 2005 following the final episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond". Additionally, it is rarely seen for a scripted show these days to generate such big audience.
The big numbers benefited its follow-up, a new comedy called "2 Broke Girls". The Kat Dennings -starring show took a 7 rating in adults 18-49 demographic. Meanwhile, ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" drew in 18.8 million viewers, which is 12 percent less than last season's premiere.
CBS officially is the lead runner in the opening night of the 2011-12 season. For the night, the network was first in adults 25-54 (6.8/15), adults 18-49 (5.7/14), adults 18-34 (4.3/12), second in both households (9.5/14) and viewers (15.73m).
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri