Ashton Kutcher's Debut on 'Two and a Half Men' Broke Record
Either people are curious of how Ashton Kutcher would top up Charlie Sheen or how Charlie Harper is killed on "Two and a Half Men". Around 27.2 million viewers tuned in to the sitcom's ninth season premiere on Monday, September 19, Nielsen noted. It also posted a 10.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic.
The numbers are extremely good because any other episode in the first eight seasons when Sheen was the star could not top it up. The sitcom's previous best came in May 2005 following the final episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond". Additionally, it is rarely seen for a scripted show these days to generate such big audience.
The big numbers benefited its follow-up, a new comedy called "2 Broke Girls". The Kat Dennings -starring show took a 7 rating in adults 18-49 demographic. Meanwhile, ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" drew in 18.8 million viewers, which is 12 percent less than last season's premiere.
CBS officially is the lead runner in the opening night of the 2011-12 season. For the night, the network was first in adults 25-54 (6.8/15), adults 18-49 (5.7/14), adults 18-34 (4.3/12), second in both households (9.5/14) and viewers (15.73m).
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting