Ashton Kutcher's Debut on 'Two and a Half Men' Broke Record
Either people are curious of how Ashton Kutcher would top up Charlie Sheen or how Charlie Harper is killed on "Two and a Half Men". Around 27.2 million viewers tuned in to the sitcom's ninth season premiere on Monday, September 19, Nielsen noted. It also posted a 10.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic.
The numbers are extremely good because any other episode in the first eight seasons when Sheen was the star could not top it up. The sitcom's previous best came in May 2005 following the final episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond". Additionally, it is rarely seen for a scripted show these days to generate such big audience.
The big numbers benefited its follow-up, a new comedy called "2 Broke Girls". The Kat Dennings -starring show took a 7 rating in adults 18-49 demographic. Meanwhile, ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" drew in 18.8 million viewers, which is 12 percent less than last season's premiere.
CBS officially is the lead runner in the opening night of the 2011-12 season. For the night, the network was first in adults 25-54 (6.8/15), adults 18-49 (5.7/14), adults 18-34 (4.3/12), second in both households (9.5/14) and viewers (15.73m).
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked