Cocaine Case Closed After Paris Hilton Served the Punishment Well
Paris Hilton has served her Las Vegas cocaine case above the par. A judge at a Vegas courtroom revealed on Tuesday, September 20 morning that the socialite has completed the required 200 hours of community service and topped it up with extra 8 hours.
Hilton got into trouble when spending time with ex-boyfriend Cy Waits in August last year. A cop approached Waits' car which suspiciously let out smoke and the smell of marijuana. Hilton excused herself to enter Wynn Las Vegas but a small bag containing cocaine slipped out of her bag. Justice of the Peace Joe Bonaventure signed her up for community services such as picking up dog feces and painting over graffiti.
Hilton was not present at the hearing on Monday but her lawyer Richard Schonfeld was. "We ask that her informal probation be terminated honorably and the case be closed at this time," the attorney said.
After going through the documents and finding out that Hilton has paid $2,000 in fines and completed an intensive substance abuse program, Bonaventure said, "This indicates Miss Hilton was attentive, cooperative and fully engaged."
The case was closed with consent from Deputy District Attorney Tina Sedlock.
More Paris Hilton News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'