'True Blood' Star Replaces Hilary Duff in 'The Story of Bonnie and Clyde'
Director Tonya S. Holly has found a replacement for Hilary Duff. The filmmaker/producer, who is the president of Cypress Moon Productions, tapped "True Blood" star Lindsay Pulsipher to play female lead character, Bonnie, in her upcoming movie project, "The Story of Bonnie and Clyde".
Announcing the casting news, Holly said in a statement, "We are thrilled to welcome Lindsay Pulsipher as Bonnie Parker in 'The Story of Bonnie and Clyde." She added, "Lindsay will undoubtedly bring many layers to this critical role. This is a gripping story about two of the most legendary fugitives in history."
Pulsipher herself is known for playing Crystal Norris on the HBO's hit series. She is currently shooting a miniseries for History Channel, "The Hatfields and McCoys", along with Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton. As for her big-screen stint, she was starring in "The Oregonian" which was screened during the Sundance Film Festival last January.
The forthcoming "Bonnie and Clyde" movie promises to uncover times in the lives of the infamous outlaw duo, Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow, that have never been seen on the big screen before. In addition to serving behind the lens, Holly also provides the screenplay as well as taking on the productional duty. The movie is set to be shot in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Missouri, and is planned to start filming later this year.
Back in August, Holly announced that Duff and Kevin Zegers, who was expected to play Clyde, have exited the project due to scheduling conflict. Of the speculation saying that she dumped the wife of Mike Comrie from the project because of her pregnancy, Holly claimed that the issue was "not true at all."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen