John Travolta's Classic Benz Stolen in Parking Lot
John Travolta has just lost his vintage sports car. The "Grease" star's 1970 Mercedes-Benz 280SL had gone from the parking lot in Santa Monica on Sunday, September 18. Travolta was only a couple of blocks away, doing a business in a Jaguar dealer for about 10 minutes.
After discovering that his car has been stolen, Travolta went back to the store, contacted the police and waited there until they showed up. There were reportedly no witnesses. The classic Benz which is brown in color, can sell as much as $100,000.
Travolta has been a car enthusiast since the beginning of his acting career. "I had to content myself with cars before I could ever contemplate owning a plane," he said once. "My first, in 1974, was a 1962 Oldsmobile. I had some minor TV work, got paid and wanted to get on the road. It was a small step to what I wanted to achieve."
Beside the Benz, he also owns a Rolls-Royce, Jaguar XJ6 and classic Thuderbirds.
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz
- Chris Brown Throws Pool Party for Daughter Royalty's Third Birthday
- Fifth Harmony Teases New Single With Mysterious Riddles on Snapchat
- Beyonce Shows Off Huge Baby Bump in Tiny Bikini
- Britney Spears Steps Out for Dinner Date With Beau Sam Asghari in Malibu
- Prince William Regrets That Princess Diana Will Never Meet His Family in Revealing Interview
- 'Paddington 2' First Teaser Sees the Return of the Beloved Peruvian Bear
- Adam Levine Flaunts 'True Love' Tattoo as He Grabs Behati Prinsloo's Booty