John Travolta's Classic Benz Stolen in Parking Lot
John Travolta has just lost his vintage sports car. The "Grease" star's 1970 Mercedes-Benz 280SL had gone from the parking lot in Santa Monica on Sunday, September 18. Travolta was only a couple of blocks away, doing a business in a Jaguar dealer for about 10 minutes.
After discovering that his car has been stolen, Travolta went back to the store, contacted the police and waited there until they showed up. There were reportedly no witnesses. The classic Benz which is brown in color, can sell as much as $100,000.
Travolta has been a car enthusiast since the beginning of his acting career. "I had to content myself with cars before I could ever contemplate owning a plane," he said once. "My first, in 1974, was a 1962 Oldsmobile. I had some minor TV work, got paid and wanted to get on the road. It was a small step to what I wanted to achieve."
Beside the Benz, he also owns a Rolls-Royce, Jaguar XJ6 and classic Thuderbirds.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show