John Travolta's Classic Benz Stolen in Parking Lot
John Travolta has just lost his vintage sports car. The "Grease" star's 1970 Mercedes-Benz 280SL had gone from the parking lot in Santa Monica on Sunday, September 18. Travolta was only a couple of blocks away, doing a business in a Jaguar dealer for about 10 minutes.
After discovering that his car has been stolen, Travolta went back to the store, contacted the police and waited there until they showed up. There were reportedly no witnesses. The classic Benz which is brown in color, can sell as much as $100,000.
Travolta has been a car enthusiast since the beginning of his acting career. "I had to content myself with cars before I could ever contemplate owning a plane," he said once. "My first, in 1974, was a 1962 Oldsmobile. I had some minor TV work, got paid and wanted to get on the road. It was a small step to what I wanted to achieve."
Beside the Benz, he also owns a Rolls-Royce, Jaguar XJ6 and classic Thuderbirds.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy