John Travolta's Classic Benz Stolen in Parking Lot
John Travolta has just lost his vintage sports car. The "Grease" star's 1970 Mercedes-Benz 280SL had gone from the parking lot in Santa Monica on Sunday, September 18. Travolta was only a couple of blocks away, doing a business in a Jaguar dealer for about 10 minutes.
After discovering that his car has been stolen, Travolta went back to the store, contacted the police and waited there until they showed up. There were reportedly no witnesses. The classic Benz which is brown in color, can sell as much as $100,000.
Travolta has been a car enthusiast since the beginning of his acting career. "I had to content myself with cars before I could ever contemplate owning a plane," he said once. "My first, in 1974, was a 1962 Oldsmobile. I had some minor TV work, got paid and wanted to get on the road. It was a small step to what I wanted to achieve."
Beside the Benz, he also owns a Rolls-Royce, Jaguar XJ6 and classic Thuderbirds.
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak