John Travolta's Classic Benz Stolen in Parking Lot
John Travolta has just lost his vintage sports car. The "Grease" star's 1970 Mercedes-Benz 280SL had gone from the parking lot in Santa Monica on Sunday, September 18. Travolta was only a couple of blocks away, doing a business in a Jaguar dealer for about 10 minutes.
After discovering that his car has been stolen, Travolta went back to the store, contacted the police and waited there until they showed up. There were reportedly no witnesses. The classic Benz which is brown in color, can sell as much as $100,000.
Travolta has been a car enthusiast since the beginning of his acting career. "I had to content myself with cars before I could ever contemplate owning a plane," he said once. "My first, in 1974, was a 1962 Oldsmobile. I had some minor TV work, got paid and wanted to get on the road. It was a small step to what I wanted to achieve."
Beside the Benz, he also owns a Rolls-Royce, Jaguar XJ6 and classic Thuderbirds.
More John Travolta News
- Tom Hiddleston in 'Advance Talks' to Star in 'Bond 25'
- Beyonce Steps Out With Jay-Z Wearing Bright Yellow Pants and Tiny Lemon Sticker on Her Phone
- Johnny Depp's Lawyer Reacts to Amber Heard's Domestic Abuse Claims
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November