Emmys 2011: 'Modern Family' Sweeps Early Awards
Early at the 63rd annual Primetime Emmy Awards, "Modern Family" has already become a big winner. The ABC series took home four prizes that were first announced at the Sunday (September 18) ceremony.
Julie Bowen led the multiple wins for the drama comedy series with her supporting actress kudo, followed by Ty Burrell who was named Outstanding Supporting Actor. Additionally, the show won best director in a comedy for Michael Allen Spiller and best writing in a comedy for Steve Levitan and Jeffery Richman.
Meanwhile, Outstanding Lead Actress and Actor in a Comedy went to Melissa McCarthy ("Mike & Molly") and Jim Parsons ("The Big Bang Theory") respectively. The former beat last year's winner Edie Falco, while the latter took the title for two consecutive years.
"The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" won Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Series for nine consecutive years and also bagged a kudo for the achievement in writing. Other awards which have been handed out at the event are Outstanding Reality Show Competition which went to "The Amazing Race" and Outstanding Directing in Variety, Musical or Comedy for "Saturday Night Live".
More winners are to be announced at the 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards which is currently taking place at Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles and aired live by FOX. Jane Lynch takes the hosting duty.
Emmys 2011: Red Carpet Arrivals | Opening Video | Musical Performances | Winner List | Press Room
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Guilty to Disorderly Conduct During Pipeline Protest
- Is Chris Brown's New Sex-Drenched Single 'Privacy' to Tempt Rihanna?
- Christina El Moussa Is Dating NHL Star Nate Thompson Amid Divorce From Tarek
- Hugh Grant Dances to Drake's Song in 'Love Actually' Short Film
- Cher's 'Serious Family Issue' Forces Her to Drop Out of Lifetime's Flint Water Crisis Movie
- 'Game of Thrones': Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Big Jaime-Cersei-Brienne Development in Season 7
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical Comedy Co-Starring Channing Tatum
- John Legend's Travel Bag 'Stolen' at JFK Airport