Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Verbally Attacked HBO Presenter After Fight
The debate whether it was a fair shot that Floyd Mayweather, Jr. took against Victor Ortiz continued right after the game ended. During the post-crowning interview, Mayweather, Jr. exchanged crude words with HBO Sports commentator Larry Merchant.
Mayweather, Jr. was still hugging the 80-year-old presenter when he was confronted with the fact that some people thought his two blows to Ortiz were unfair. Mayweather, Jr. responded defensively that a boxer should protect himself all the time and that he won squarely. The audience booed every time the boxer said anything.
A replay of the knockout was played and Merchant asked the boxer to describe it. Mayweather, Jr. reminded people about the dirty play Ortiz did earlier and said, "I was victorious, if you want a re-match then let's re-match." But Merchant refused to lay down the subject, saying he was an aggressive player during the game.
Mayweather, Jr. then yelled at Merchant, "You never give me a fair shake. HBO need to fire you. You don't know s**t about boxing. You ain't s**t! You're not s**t!" Merchant replied, "I wish I was 50 years younger, and I'd kick your a**." The presenter the smiled as they were separated.
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'