Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Verbally Attacked HBO Presenter After Fight
The debate whether it was a fair shot that Floyd Mayweather, Jr. took against Victor Ortiz continued right after the game ended. During the post-crowning interview, Mayweather, Jr. exchanged crude words with HBO Sports commentator Larry Merchant.
Mayweather, Jr. was still hugging the 80-year-old presenter when he was confronted with the fact that some people thought his two blows to Ortiz were unfair. Mayweather, Jr. responded defensively that a boxer should protect himself all the time and that he won squarely. The audience booed every time the boxer said anything.
A replay of the knockout was played and Merchant asked the boxer to describe it. Mayweather, Jr. reminded people about the dirty play Ortiz did earlier and said, "I was victorious, if you want a re-match then let's re-match." But Merchant refused to lay down the subject, saying he was an aggressive player during the game.
Mayweather, Jr. then yelled at Merchant, "You never give me a fair shake. HBO need to fire you. You don't know s**t about boxing. You ain't s**t! You're not s**t!" Merchant replied, "I wish I was 50 years younger, and I'd kick your a**." The presenter the smiled as they were separated.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'