Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Verbally Attacked HBO Presenter After Fight
The debate whether it was a fair shot that Floyd Mayweather, Jr. took against Victor Ortiz continued right after the game ended. During the post-crowning interview, Mayweather, Jr. exchanged crude words with HBO Sports commentator Larry Merchant.
Mayweather, Jr. was still hugging the 80-year-old presenter when he was confronted with the fact that some people thought his two blows to Ortiz were unfair. Mayweather, Jr. responded defensively that a boxer should protect himself all the time and that he won squarely. The audience booed every time the boxer said anything.
A replay of the knockout was played and Merchant asked the boxer to describe it. Mayweather, Jr. reminded people about the dirty play Ortiz did earlier and said, "I was victorious, if you want a re-match then let's re-match." But Merchant refused to lay down the subject, saying he was an aggressive player during the game.
Mayweather, Jr. then yelled at Merchant, "You never give me a fair shake. HBO need to fire you. You don't know s**t about boxing. You ain't s**t! You're not s**t!" Merchant replied, "I wish I was 50 years younger, and I'd kick your a**." The presenter the smiled as they were separated.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'