Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Verbally Attacked HBO Presenter After Fight
The debate whether it was a fair shot that Floyd Mayweather, Jr. took against Victor Ortiz continued right after the game ended. During the post-crowning interview, Mayweather, Jr. exchanged crude words with HBO Sports commentator Larry Merchant.
Mayweather, Jr. was still hugging the 80-year-old presenter when he was confronted with the fact that some people thought his two blows to Ortiz were unfair. Mayweather, Jr. responded defensively that a boxer should protect himself all the time and that he won squarely. The audience booed every time the boxer said anything.
A replay of the knockout was played and Merchant asked the boxer to describe it. Mayweather, Jr. reminded people about the dirty play Ortiz did earlier and said, "I was victorious, if you want a re-match then let's re-match." But Merchant refused to lay down the subject, saying he was an aggressive player during the game.
Mayweather, Jr. then yelled at Merchant, "You never give me a fair shake. HBO need to fire you. You don't know s**t about boxing. You ain't s**t! You're not s**t!" Merchant replied, "I wish I was 50 years younger, and I'd kick your a**." The presenter the smiled as they were separated.
More Floyd Mayweather, Jr. News
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Selena Gomez May Dump The Weeknd After He's Caught Texting Ex Bella Hadid
- BRIT Awards 2017: David Bowie Wins Top Prizes - See the Full Winner List
- 'Star' and 'Lethal Weapon' Renewed for Second Season on FOX
- Watch Kardashians-Inspired Cat Reality Show 'Keeping Up With The Kattarshians'
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Are Moving to L.A.
- Sara Sampaio Flashes Her Nipple in Sheer Dress at Milan Fashion Week