Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Verbally Attacked HBO Presenter After Fight
The debate whether it was a fair shot that Floyd Mayweather, Jr. took against Victor Ortiz continued right after the game ended. During the post-crowning interview, Mayweather, Jr. exchanged crude words with HBO Sports commentator Larry Merchant.
Mayweather, Jr. was still hugging the 80-year-old presenter when he was confronted with the fact that some people thought his two blows to Ortiz were unfair. Mayweather, Jr. responded defensively that a boxer should protect himself all the time and that he won squarely. The audience booed every time the boxer said anything.
A replay of the knockout was played and Merchant asked the boxer to describe it. Mayweather, Jr. reminded people about the dirty play Ortiz did earlier and said, "I was victorious, if you want a re-match then let's re-match." But Merchant refused to lay down the subject, saying he was an aggressive player during the game.
Mayweather, Jr. then yelled at Merchant, "You never give me a fair shake. HBO need to fire you. You don't know s**t about boxing. You ain't s**t! You're not s**t!" Merchant replied, "I wish I was 50 years younger, and I'd kick your a**." The presenter the smiled as they were separated.
- Prince William and Prince Harry Regret Last Short Phone Call With Princess Diana
- Linkin Park Pays Tribute to Chester Bennington by Launching Suicide-Prevention Site
- Comic-Con: 'Stranger Things' First Season 2 Trailer Features Creepy Visions and Eleven's Return
- Nicki Minaj Finally Joins Snapchat, but She Has No Idea How to Use It!
- Scott Disick Insists He's 'Not Sex Addict,' but Does Admit to Having a 'Gargantuan Appetite' for Sex
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Trailer Teases Superman's Return and Green Lantern
- Jennifer Lopez Flaunts Hot Bod in Sheer Mini Dress When Celebrating Her Birthday With Alex Rodriguez
- Hilary Duff's L.A. Home Burglarized After She Shares Holiday Pics Online