Video: Foo Fighters Perform Right Across Their Concert Protesters
Foo Fighters retaliate with the element of surprise. In response of the planned protest of their show in Kansas City by the Westboro Baptist Church, the band have performed right in front of the protesters on the back of a pick-up truck, singing about "hot man-muffins".
They surprised the protesters with their appearance too. Dave Grohl and his bandmates wore beards, wigs and cowboy boots while singing man-to-man romance song called "Keeping It Clean". Before the show began, Grohl sang a phrase, "I've got a hankering for something, think I'm in the mood for some hot man-muffins."
The band then stopped across the street in front of Kansas City's Sprint Centre where the protesters were raising their signs. The scene quickly attracted a crowd of people who mostly cheered at the band. In the middle of the song, Grohl said, "Ladies and gentlemen, God bless America! Land of the free, home of the brave! I don't care if you're black or white or purple or green, whether you're Pennsylvanian or Transylvanian, Lady GaGa or Lady Antebellum, it takes all kinds."
The Westboro Baptists jeered at them throughout the performance but did nothing further because police were present. They planned to picket Foo Fighters's show because the band promoted "fornication, adultery, idolatry and fags."
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson