Video: Foo Fighters Perform Right Across Their Concert Protesters
Foo Fighters retaliate with the element of surprise. In response of the planned protest of their show in Kansas City by the Westboro Baptist Church, the band have performed right in front of the protesters on the back of a pick-up truck, singing about "hot man-muffins".
They surprised the protesters with their appearance too. Dave Grohl and his bandmates wore beards, wigs and cowboy boots while singing man-to-man romance song called "Keeping It Clean". Before the show began, Grohl sang a phrase, "I've got a hankering for something, think I'm in the mood for some hot man-muffins."
The band then stopped across the street in front of Kansas City's Sprint Centre where the protesters were raising their signs. The scene quickly attracted a crowd of people who mostly cheered at the band. In the middle of the song, Grohl said, "Ladies and gentlemen, God bless America! Land of the free, home of the brave! I don't care if you're black or white or purple or green, whether you're Pennsylvanian or Transylvanian, Lady GaGa or Lady Antebellum, it takes all kinds."
The Westboro Baptists jeered at them throughout the performance but did nothing further because police were present. They planned to picket Foo Fighters's show because the band promoted "fornication, adultery, idolatry and fags."
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show