John Mayer Says 'Sorry' for Canceling Shows and Postponing Album
John Mayer's throat problem is so bad that it has cost him two concerts and a release date. The blues singer announced on his blog that he has developed a condition called granuloma, an inflamed nodule or tumor-like mass of tissue which can vary from harmless to very serious. Mayer did not elaborate about the illness.
"After several months of going week to week monitoring and hoping to correct the condition, I am forced to cancel my upcoming singing engagements due to something next to my vocal cords called a granuloma." His album called "Born and Raised" will be released next year instead of this fall because he could not finish "singing on several of the tracks".
Additionally, the singer wrote "I know there were people depending on me to be there and I'm sorry that I can't be on those stages." He was due to perform at the iheartradio Music Festival in Las Vegas next week and a show with Tony Bennett in Los Angeles.
During the down time, the "bummed" singer would devote his time to "writing and composing more music and kicking an empty soup can around the West Village."
More John Mayer News
- Blake Shelton and Debra Messing Have Twitter Spat Over Donald Trump
- Watch Orlando Bloom Go Fanboy Over Girlfriend Katy Perry at the DNC
- Adele Brings Her Drag Impersonator Onstage During Seattle Show
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'