John Mayer Says 'Sorry' for Canceling Shows and Postponing Album
John Mayer's throat problem is so bad that it has cost him two concerts and a release date. The blues singer announced on his blog that he has developed a condition called granuloma, an inflamed nodule or tumor-like mass of tissue which can vary from harmless to very serious. Mayer did not elaborate about the illness.
"After several months of going week to week monitoring and hoping to correct the condition, I am forced to cancel my upcoming singing engagements due to something next to my vocal cords called a granuloma." His album called "Born and Raised" will be released next year instead of this fall because he could not finish "singing on several of the tracks".
Additionally, the singer wrote "I know there were people depending on me to be there and I'm sorry that I can't be on those stages." He was due to perform at the iheartradio Music Festival in Las Vegas next week and a show with Tony Bennett in Los Angeles.
During the down time, the "bummed" singer would devote his time to "writing and composing more music and kicking an empty soup can around the West Village."
More John Mayer News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story