John Mayer Says 'Sorry' for Canceling Shows and Postponing Album
John Mayer's throat problem is so bad that it has cost him two concerts and a release date. The blues singer announced on his blog that he has developed a condition called granuloma, an inflamed nodule or tumor-like mass of tissue which can vary from harmless to very serious. Mayer did not elaborate about the illness.
"After several months of going week to week monitoring and hoping to correct the condition, I am forced to cancel my upcoming singing engagements due to something next to my vocal cords called a granuloma." His album called "Born and Raised" will be released next year instead of this fall because he could not finish "singing on several of the tracks".
Additionally, the singer wrote "I know there were people depending on me to be there and I'm sorry that I can't be on those stages." He was due to perform at the iheartradio Music Festival in Las Vegas next week and a show with Tony Bennett in Los Angeles.
During the down time, the "bummed" singer would devote his time to "writing and composing more music and kicking an empty soup can around the West Village."
More John Mayer News
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'