John Mayer Says 'Sorry' for Canceling Shows and Postponing Album
John Mayer's throat problem is so bad that it has cost him two concerts and a release date. The blues singer announced on his blog that he has developed a condition called granuloma, an inflamed nodule or tumor-like mass of tissue which can vary from harmless to very serious. Mayer did not elaborate about the illness.
"After several months of going week to week monitoring and hoping to correct the condition, I am forced to cancel my upcoming singing engagements due to something next to my vocal cords called a granuloma." His album called "Born and Raised" will be released next year instead of this fall because he could not finish "singing on several of the tracks".
Additionally, the singer wrote "I know there were people depending on me to be there and I'm sorry that I can't be on those stages." He was due to perform at the iheartradio Music Festival in Las Vegas next week and a show with Tony Bennett in Los Angeles.
During the down time, the "bummed" singer would devote his time to "writing and composing more music and kicking an empty soup can around the West Village."
More John Mayer News
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor