Video: David Beckham Fooled Target Customers as Salesman
David Beckham let himself be Ellen DeGeneres' tool to prank people once again. The footballer went under disguise as his own Homme cologne salesman at Target, hiding his famous face with a baseball cap and geeky glasses.
For the skit, Beckham went with the name Ricky, an Australian supermarket employee who has to sell the perfume. Some women gathered around him out of suspicion but Beckham followed DeGeneres' order to speak in Australian accent and fake Texan accent.
Beckham was terrible as salesman, spraying the perfume on his leg for customers to smell, getting pushy when a woman refuses to try the sample and encouraging a man to steal a packet. One lady insisted that he was indeed the famous British footballer but Beckham scolded her, "I am not David Beckham, stop spreading rumors."
Several times there were communication problems with DeGeneres that only caused laughter from the studio audience. When asked to say "rustic scent", he said "a very rough extent" and when told to say "if you stink come buy cologne", he said "if you think come buy cologne." Finally, DeGeneres wanted him to scream "switcheroo" when revealing his true identity. Instead, the sportman said, "chicheroo".
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance