'Abduction' Sequel Will 'Definitely' Happen, Claims John Singleton
"Abduction" has just been premiered yesterday, but already director John Singleton promises a sequel for the action film. Speaking to L.A. Times' Amy Kaufman during the special screening of the movie on Thursday night, September 15, the director claimed that there's "definitely" a follow-up for the Taylor Lautner-starring action.
"We've been talking about it while we're making the movie. Of course, I'm gonna direct it," the "2 Fast 2 Furious" helmer revealed. He added that the sequel is going to happen regardless of how it fares at the box office. "I don't think we have to worry about that. It's happening," he insisted.
During the chat, the 43-year-old filmmaker also shared that through his movie, he wants to prove that he could shape rising star like Lautner for an action film. "I'm a competitive guy. I've worked with a lot of new talent, and I wanted to show what I could do with Taylor," he said.
"I wanted to show there's a certain edge to him. It's not just about how he looks," Singleton went on adding. "It's about him being able to convey emotions in a character and be funny and be very physical in the action scenes. That's what truly makes a star."
Also starring Lily Collins, Sigourney Weaver and Alfred Molina, "Abduction" follows Lautner's Nathan Price who is targeted by trained killers after finding out that he's been living in someone else's life as he discovers his baby pic on a missing people site. This action thriller is set for a wide release in theaters across the U.S. on September 23.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift