'Abduction' Sequel Will 'Definitely' Happen, Claims John Singleton
"Abduction" has just been premiered yesterday, but already director John Singleton promises a sequel for the action film. Speaking to L.A. Times' Amy Kaufman during the special screening of the movie on Thursday night, September 15, the director claimed that there's "definitely" a follow-up for the Taylor Lautner-starring action.
"We've been talking about it while we're making the movie. Of course, I'm gonna direct it," the "2 Fast 2 Furious" helmer revealed. He added that the sequel is going to happen regardless of how it fares at the box office. "I don't think we have to worry about that. It's happening," he insisted.
During the chat, the 43-year-old filmmaker also shared that through his movie, he wants to prove that he could shape rising star like Lautner for an action film. "I'm a competitive guy. I've worked with a lot of new talent, and I wanted to show what I could do with Taylor," he said.
"I wanted to show there's a certain edge to him. It's not just about how he looks," Singleton went on adding. "It's about him being able to convey emotions in a character and be funny and be very physical in the action scenes. That's what truly makes a star."
Also starring Lily Collins, Sigourney Weaver and Alfred Molina, "Abduction" follows Lautner's Nathan Price who is targeted by trained killers after finding out that he's been living in someone else's life as he discovers his baby pic on a missing people site. This action thriller is set for a wide release in theaters across the U.S. on September 23.
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle