Bus Driver Disappointed That Matthew Fox's Not Charged for Alleged Assault
Matthew Fox won't face charges for allegedly attacking a party bus driver, Heather Bormann, last August. In a statement released on Friday, September 16, city spokeswoman Andrea Taylor said Cleveland prosecutors will not charge the 45-year-old actor in the case. It was additionally noted that the decision was made "after a thorough review of the facts."
Bormann, through her lawyer J. Norman Stark, said the city's decision is a "miscarriage of justice." The attorney added, "I disagreed most strenuously with the city prosecutor, who failed to see that this is, after all, a criminal act. It is not a simple civil act. And I'm disappointed, as my client is, in the fact that the prosecutor did not see fit to enforce the law."
Despite not receiving criminal charges from prosecutors, Fox still has to deal with Bormann's civil complaint alleging assault, battery, and intentional infliction of emotional distress in the incident. The lawsuit, which was filed by the female bus driver in Cuyahoga County this week, seeks at least $75,000 in compensatory and punitive damages, as well as all litigation and attorney fees.
In her testimony, Bormann said Fox forced his way into her bus although he was not one of the guests who have hired her service. When she refused to drive him to the Ritz-Carlton Hotel, the two were involved in altercation that ended up with him hitting her "with his fists, delivering sudden and severe blows to her right breast, groin, arms and legs, inflicting severe, disabling injury."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby