Bus Driver Disappointed That Matthew Fox's Not Charged for Alleged Assault
Matthew Fox won't face charges for allegedly attacking a party bus driver, Heather Bormann, last August. In a statement released on Friday, September 16, city spokeswoman Andrea Taylor said Cleveland prosecutors will not charge the 45-year-old actor in the case. It was additionally noted that the decision was made "after a thorough review of the facts."
Bormann, through her lawyer J. Norman Stark, said the city's decision is a "miscarriage of justice." The attorney added, "I disagreed most strenuously with the city prosecutor, who failed to see that this is, after all, a criminal act. It is not a simple civil act. And I'm disappointed, as my client is, in the fact that the prosecutor did not see fit to enforce the law."
Despite not receiving criminal charges from prosecutors, Fox still has to deal with Bormann's civil complaint alleging assault, battery, and intentional infliction of emotional distress in the incident. The lawsuit, which was filed by the female bus driver in Cuyahoga County this week, seeks at least $75,000 in compensatory and punitive damages, as well as all litigation and attorney fees.
In her testimony, Bormann said Fox forced his way into her bus although he was not one of the guests who have hired her service. When she refused to drive him to the Ritz-Carlton Hotel, the two were involved in altercation that ended up with him hitting her "with his fists, delivering sudden and severe blows to her right breast, groin, arms and legs, inflicting severe, disabling injury."
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?